Options

Installing Camco Winterization kit on T@B 400

Instructions say “disconnect incoming freshwater suction line from the pump”.  Where is that?  I’m trying to keep antifreeze out of the fresh water tank.  Any T@b 400 owners with the big fridge (no closet) able to tell me where the water pump is located, I can’t find it.  I have the steps how to winterize as far as draining the water, just would like to install this kit to get some antifreeze in my lines without having to put it in my freshwater tank.

Comments

• Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    Travels with Delaney have a good video showing the kit in action for winterizing. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    edited October 2019

Here is the intake side of the water pump, coming from the fresh water tank (I have a 400 with the closet, and this is in the compartment under the closet floor).  Your bypass valve will be installed inline before entering the pump, that way you can bypass the tank and suck the antifreeze from the container.  Unscrew the fitting where my index finger is pointing and install the bypass valve here.

When you are dewinterizing for the season, just remember you will need to switch the bypass back to pick up line coming from the freshwater tank.  When you do your sanitizing work, it will flush any remaining antifreeze from the pump.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    edited October 2019
    It does look like this. I just needed to take the panel off below the drawer under my big fridge to see it. I’m doing the install on the bottom one (close to floor). 

• Options
    Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    If you’re using a standard air compressor, you need to attach one of these adapters to your city water inlet and then connect the compressor hose to that. At least that’s what you do on a 320 - I assume the 400 is the same.

Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Thank you! I got that part so all set there.
  • Options
    Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    No problem. I’m sure it says so in the instructions, but make sure the air pressure is no more than 45 PSI.
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @denisp Thanks, he has the 2018 and it's in the closet.  I have the 2020 with the big fridge and my pump is under the fridge behind a panel. Wasn’t easy to find. Everything else looks the same. 
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    Sorry didn’t see the “Big Fridge”.  
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    DeanPDeanP Member Posts: 14
    @Missstsomewhere We have a 2020 T@B 400 with the large 3-way fridge.  The water pump is in the same place regardless of whether you have the closet or the big fridge.  The difference is that you must remove the drawer below the big fridge to access the water pump.  Once you've done that access to the pump is easy.  The Alde, the Alde drains and the low point drains are under the bed on the driver's side.
    2020 T@B 400 BDL
    TV 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 3.5L 4WD with Firestone air bags.
    MODS: BMV-712 battery Monitor, MPPT 75/15 Charge Controller, Fantasic Fan PWM control
    Central Ohio
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Thank you! Found it.  NuCamp actually improved that. The bottom panel below the fridge now comes off.  Much easier to get to your pump now. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    If anyone else reads this, it’s a really tight squeeze to get this valve in next to the pump. The blue line behind it was right up against mine making it hard to fit it there. I ended up putting mine on the one closer to the floor and it worked fine there and much easier to get to. Just make sure you have the “C” end pointing up toward pump or it won’t draw in the antifreeze. 
  • Options
    JEBJEB Member Posts: 266
    If anyone else reads this, it’s a really tight squeeze to get this valve in next to the pump. The blue line behind it was right up against mine making it hard to fit it there. I ended up putting mine on the one closer to the floor and it worked fine there and much easier to get to. 
    That’s where I installed mine as well. I took my cue from the Travels with Delaney video, which showed the same placement. The PEX piping makes clearance at the pump inlet prohibitively tight.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Also MAKE SURE you put the ends going the right way or it won't pull from your antifreeze.  The C side goes toward the pump.  There is a video by Camco showing this.  They look exactly alike and you would think they are interchangeable, but they are not. Some people have better luck holding the bottle a bit higher off the floor and make sure there are no kinks, crooks in the clear line. Use the Teflon tape so you don’t get leaks and hand tighten. 
  • Options
    ecstaticecstatic Member Posts: 65
    Did you use the teflon tape for your install?  Did you just hand tighten until tight?

I have the kit and plan to install tomorrow but I am very worried about leaks.  I have heard that over-tightening plastic threads is one of the biggest cause of water leaks.
    2020 T@B 400 BDL    2019 Silverado 5.3L V8
    Chili, NY
  • Options
    JEBJEB Member Posts: 266
    ecstatic said:
    Did you use the teflon tape for your install?  Did you just hand tighten until tight?

I have the kit and plan to install tomorrow but I am very worried about leaks.  I have heard that over-tightening plastic threads is one of the biggest cause of water leaks.
    Hand tight, no tape, no leaks. 
    2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    I think I am going to make my own hose, all you need is a length of hose with a coupler to screw onto the pump inlet. Unscrew the pickup hose from tank, screw on my hose and put the other end in the antifreeze jug.

I more or less did this while winterizing a couple weeks ago, but just used the short hose from pump inlet to where it connects to floor above fresh water tank. That hose is really too short, so going to make or buy a longer one so I can set the antifreeze jug on the floor.