Options

Does anyone with a T@da know the wire colors for the 7 pin connector?

our 7 pin plug had been replaced and we think it may be the source of our ground problem. The wiring doesn’t seem to follow convention. Can anyone tell je what color wires go to what?
2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”

Comments

• Options
    CarolynCarolyn Member Posts: 123
    This is the way we wired it but the right tail light is on constantly. The right turn signal doesn’t work. The left turn signal flashes everything. The marker lights never come on.
    2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 922
    First, I would verify the white ground was in fact the chassis ground making a continuity check between terminal #1 and the trailer frame.  Then I would try connecting a 12v source to the ground and the trailer pigtail one terminal at a time and see what lights up.
    Otherwise, I would get a long wire and make continuity checks between the pigtail and the tail lights. Tedious but definitive.
    The DM construction used a lot of "snake bite" connectors in the wiring that are known to be unreliable long term.  Tail light wiring and connections may be in cabinets just inside from the tail lights.  I have had to re-crimp or replace several of those connectors in my T@B.
    Good luck!

• Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    The most common problem causing wierd lamp operation when the wiring is correct is bad grounding at the lamps. Try temporarily connecting a piece of wire connected to a good ground on the tow vehicle and connect directly to the rear lamp ground connection. You can Daisy chain all the lamp grounds to this point as a test. If it works great then you will need a multimeter set to Ohms to find out where the resistance is High.