Have fun at the Rally 2019

We've been looking forward to this all year.  During the start of registration, my wife stayed up till midnight and had it all down to a touch of a key and were registered.  I have no doubt we were in the top five of that.  

So, it is with a heavy heart that we had to cancel yesterday.  Allison told us to wait a few more days, but it has been a painful 3-4 weeks.  I'm experiencing a wheel bearing problem (ankle) and the load has to be carried by the other wheel.  I thought about more grease, but oh well.  At best I can hobble, but it is fun to watch me try to get up off the ground..  

Someone on the wait list will be happy though, and if they are reading this, I want to hear all about it...  Okay then...

Terry

Once bright spot, I won't have to transit around Chicago from Appleton to SugarCreek...   We are still getting shirts!!
Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
T@bbey  Road   
Appleton,  WI

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Terry, I am so bummed but I totally get it. My ankle is what ended my stint on the road, early, Camping requires extra effort and when you are nursing a bum ankle, you just dont get the rest it needs to heal. I hope you heal well. Going to physical therapy is what finally did it for me. Feel better!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Sorry @TerryV6.  Bummer.  We had to cancel our planned April trip to Kentucky Bourbon country due to my back injury.  Kentucky will be there another time.  uCamp, too.  I'll eat an extra donut for you:)
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    " I'll eat an extra donut for you"
    No, no.  Its the cinnemon rolls dripping with frosting and a great cup of coffee in the pavillon.  (And the great cameraderie)  
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

Thanks Jenn..  I remember last year meeting your great mom and dad.  He had some nice woodwork examples that I was drooling over...  Very nice people!
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I’m so sorry you and Mrs TerryV6 won’t be there. It was fun watching you get all of your wishlist mods completed and the smiles on your faces!  

Take care because those joints are fragile and don’t always last our lifetime!

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @TerryV6, so sorry to hear you can't be there. Neither can we, but we didn't bother to register, cuz it's our boys last week of school. We'll commiserate with you. Hope to see you there again next year!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    I had planned something similar to what I did last year of a day to day blog.  You are never sure as to how people react to what you do, but I got a lot of good feedback on my stuff and I did enjoy doing it..  I hope someone else will take up the task....
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Member Posts: 213
    Sorry you had to cancel. As a new T@Bber I really had wanted to go to this, but I have pre-existing non-camping-related commitments that week :(  

I am going to mentally block out that time frame for next year.

I wish you a speedy recovery though.
    ~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @TerryV6, your daily blog was a hoot!  Not sure that I can fill your sense of humor shoes, but I will share our experience.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    Thanks, Sharon. Looking forward to it in between school commutes and year end of education hijinks! 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    Sharon,  I share am looking forward to this...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• pittchristinepittchristine Member Posts: 30
    TerryV6: We are heading to UCamp and wishing you and Mrs Terry were joining us 😞 Will miss your sense of humor! Heal quickly!
    Chris and Rick, 2017 T@B Max S with 2010 Ford Escape TV
    Well, thank you very much @pittchristine, for the kind words.  Remember, post pictures here and lots of them.  Take advantage of the Ucamp techs and ask lots of questions too.  
    As far as the sense of humor, in many of my job evals, (of which I was always proud to have gotten high praise) it has actually been noted in the comments section that sometimes people don't get my "sense of humor".    I am a riddle inside a paradox...   And, if course, something is funny only if everyone can laugh at it.  

Have bundles of fun.  Btw, if you don't know Joyce Vann and her husband, they offer excellent concerts outside their camper...  Maybe Mandy will let you look inside her camper too...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

@TerryV6 how is the ankle doing?  Will you get any camping before fall ends?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Hi @jkjenn,
    My ankle is better.  My boot is off and with the PT, I'm having no problems.  We have no big trips planned for this year and probably won't leave the state.  To be honest, we've done a lot of traveling over the years and now are happy just to take out little camper up the road for an overnight.  We did a family get together at one of those big trailer parks.  Lots of things for kids to do, but I couldn't find our small guy in with all the big boys. 
    I've had lots of fun just doing some small mods inside our Tabbey, and I'm always surprised when a package shows up on the doorstep after my wife sees something someone here or on facebook has..  For sure we plan to make it to the NuCamp rally next year.  To be honest, we also had fun at the Tearstock event, but they didn't have one this year.  I've read somewhere of a corporate shakeup or something with them.  Anyway, happy travels.  I'm still mulling over a drone purchase, but I am waiting for a good price on a medium unit that will not disappoint...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

Glad you have mended well! Looking forward to meeting you in person in the future.