ucamp 2020?

OK, so, I'm going to miss ucamp because I have a job and I have to beg a year in advance for time off. Any idea when it will be next year?

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    They have not yet announced the dates for 2020.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    kbrnr said:
    OK, so, I'm going to miss ucamp because I have a job and I have to beg a year in advance for time off. Any idea when it will be next year?
    You won't find a better time to look for a new job. 😁 Just saying!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @kbrnr, we'd also like to know as early as possible about dates for üCamp  '20, as we have to miss the event this year. We are really saddened we don't get to see everyone,  having attended the first 2. ÜCamp 19 is being held during our boys last week of school, and for them, is activity packed. During the summer, grandparents can stand in, but for that hectic week, not possible. We'll miss all of you! -Denise & Jim
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • 51chevy51chevy Member Posts: 31
    The dates for ucamp 20 are June 22-26.
  • suramsuram Member Posts: 13
    How do you get notification of when registration opens? I tried to register on Mandy Leas website but it won't let me
    2019 pre-owned T@B 320 S, Alde 3020
    TV 2018 Toyota Highlander 3.5L v6
  • 51chevy51chevy Member Posts: 31
    I don’t know. I called U Camp and he didn’t even know. It sells out within a day, although they said their trying to expand it, so I wanted to register also and don’t know how either. I got the date from the end of one of Mandys videos on 2019. Good luck let me know if you figure it out. 
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Registration for üCamp20 will be announced early in 2020. Facebook is the quickest way to follow üCamp in the group of üCamp. There are normally posts on this forum concerning the registration. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    I went to the ucamp Facebook page and my request to join is still pending. I wonder if they are no longer accepting new members?

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554

June 22nd-26th, 2020
    Sugarcreek, OH

Come celebrate üCAMP20, the 4th annual gathering of nüCamp product enthusiasts held in the heart of Ohio’s Amish Country in Sugarcreek, Ohio. This event will be hosted by nüCamp RV as a way for members of the community to connect with each other and with folks from the nüCamp RV factory.

By the way, don’t miss nuCamp’s annual uCamp event! Registration is January 31st, opening at 11:30am)

2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    51chevy said:
    The dates for ucamp 20 are June 22-26.

We are still in school then. Not family friendly?
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
  • NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111

June 22nd-26th, 2020
    Sugarcreek, OH

Come celebrate üCAMP20, the 4th annual gathering of nüCamp product enthusiasts held in the heart of Ohio’s Amish Country in Sugarcreek, Ohio. This event will be hosted by nüCamp RV as a way for members of the community to connect with each other and with folks from the nüCamp RV factory.

By the way, don’t miss nuCamp’s annual uCamp event! Registration is January 31st, opening at 11:30am)

I wish it was after school lets out.

2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
    I saw a post yesterday that NuCamp has arranged group camping rates at 3 or 4 nearby campgrounds.  Besides the camping fees, you would pay $89 for two people to attend all of the UCamp festivities.
    Tampa FL
  • CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    Thanks for keeping us up to date @Tampakayaker. Looking forward to registration link/information, when available. We'd like to try to attend this year!

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
    you can you can create an eventbrite account then sign up for reminders
    Tampa FL
    Will do, thanks @Tampakayaker. We didn't previously know what platform was used for info/registration. 

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
    We were logged on to Evenbrite and started the purchase process at exactly 11:30AM. By 11:31AM when we clicked on purchase for our site, the tickets for the premium slots were already gone. AMAZING! Hope y'all have a good time...

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
    Same here.  Not sure if the boondocking sites are still open.  
    Here’s some info for üCamp20 from Allison, especially if you didn’t get a site:

“üCamp20 update

Hello üCamp Family!!! I wanted to take time out to update everyone on üCamp20.

üCamp20 registration opens on January 31st at 11:30am EST. We try to think of different ways to accommodate those that may not get into the main campgrounds at Winklepleck. We want as many people to experience üCamp20 as possible.

I have reached out to local campgrounds in the area to ensure that anyone that wants to attend the events could stay elsewhere. I have talked to the campgrounds listed below. Should you decide to go that route, when you call to reserve a spot make sure you tell them that you are with nüCamp/üCamp and they will give you their group rate if one is available. Each campground has a different rate and they will be happy to provide you with that when you call in.

· Timbercrest RV Park in Walnut Creek  5.7 miles away 330-893-2720

o Full Hookup Pull Thru Sites, 1 night: $44.00

o Full Hookup Pull Thru Sites, 2 night: $42.00

o Full Hookup Pull Thru Sites, 3-6 nights: $40.00

o Full Hookup Pull Thru Sites, 7 nights: $36.00

Please let them know to mention that they are with the nüCamp RV group

· Amish Country Campsites  8.6 miles away 330-359-5226

o $29.00/night $175.00/week

· Scenic Hills RV Park in Millersburg 10.3 miles away 330-893-3607

o Our sites are full hook up, but we do NOT have a shower house or bathroom facility. Our single night rate is $38, but we have a weekly rate that is discounted and that brings it down to $30 a night if they stay the week. We have approximately 20 sites that would be available for nüCamp campers.

We do not do credit cards, so payment is with cash or check only. We would need a $30 deposit per site to be able to hold the sites.

· Berlin RV Park in Millersburg 11.5 miles away 330-674-4774

· Evergreen Park RV Resort  12.9 miles away 330-359-2787

o We could offer 10% off for a rate of $57.60 per night. Just have them say they are with the nüCamp Group when they call in to reserve. Some of our sites are big enough that they could probably double up on a site if that would be an option then they could split the rate and just pay $4.00/night for extra guests. The $57.60 rate is good for 2 adults. THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY SPOTS OPEN ON FRIDAY, JUNE 26TH

For anyone that is staying at an off-site campground you must purchase a Welcome Pack at $89.00. This includes üCamp20 goodies and collateral that all other attendees are receiving. If you wanted to take advantage of the daily events, wine & cheese, breakfast and Friday evening dinner, you will need to purchase this kit.

The tentative schedule of events for the week is as follows:

Monday-Check in anytime starting at 8am-5pm

Wine and cheese night starting at 7pm.

Tuesday-Amish Country Donuts and coffee for breakfast in the morning.

Stump the Chump session talk

*PUMPING

Wednesday-Hot breakfast served starting at 8am-10am

Swap meet/garage sale starting at 1:00pm

Pot Luck dinner in the evening.

Thursday-Baked goods from Walnut Creek Cheese for breakfast in the morning

Q&A session with Marvin and Creed. We will have a separate session for each model. Times will be posted   closer to the event.

Newbie session talk

Women camping/solo session talk

Unstructured game/card night

Friday-Donuts from Dough Co and coffee for breakfast in the morning

Catering from Bahler Street Pizza and music.  Please bring your own chairs to sit and enjoy the music in the grass.

*PUMPING

I wanted to express to everyone how excited I am for this year’s event!! I deeply appreciate everyone’s patience while we work through everything. I’ll see all of you soon!!

Sincerely,

Allison Stutzman, Director of Special Events at nüCamp RV”
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    FYI:  I was able to get a spot after all.  Make sure you refresh the page!
    Yep. Even with refreshing, the best we can do is join the wait list for a premium spot. Glad you got in @Sharon_is_SAM since you are a prominent member of the community. Guess we are off to 'plan B' that week, sign up for a boat building course at the Wooden Boat School in Brooklin, ME

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Well @CrabTab, If you don’t get in, at least it’s easier to set a crab pot from a boat than a T@B.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

edited January 2020
     :) True that @jgram2

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • cottonmouthcottonmouth Member Posts: 91
    I assume everyone else got the email today that uCamp 2020 is cancelled and tickets will be refunded. Good news is that we will get priority registration for the 2021 rally.
    2021 T@B 400 BDL aka Little Joe
    2019 Tundra Crewmax aka Hoss
    SE Louisiana
    Just noted the cancellation.  Just as well.  Too many “what if’s”.  Allison also said this - “There is also a surprise announcement in the wings – specifically to you - coming from one of our very best friends!”  Here is my guess - Mandy is engaged!

Any other guesses?
    A paste and copy of the email from Allison of nüCamp:

May 8, 2020

To my üCamp family,

I hope this letter finds you and your loved ones doing well during these uncertain times.  When I started planning üCamp20 a year ago, I was so excited to make it even better than last year. Moving the date up to June to cool things down a bit – and cross our fingers we don’t have another monsoon!  Things fell together just perfectly, but with 90 days before the event, we found ourselves in an unimaginable position due to the pandemic.

When nuCamp’s production was shut down in April by order of the governor, we continued to think how we could move forward with üCamp20.  We went back and back and forth with a litany of pros and cons – laying out what the best options were to keep everyone safe.  Obviously, the health and safety of our owners, team members, vendors, and exhibitors was - and always will be - the top priority in our decision-making process.  nüCamp was finally able to reopen this week, but with the reopening, also came more restrictions.  The logistical adjustments, replanning, participant safety and uncertainties weighed heavily on us.

Earlier this week, before we could even make a decision, we received word the Tuscarawas County Health Department notified the Village of Sugarcreek that Winklepleck Grove will be closed until at least the first of July.  Furthermore, the state of Ohio is still in its first phase of reopening and currently no more than 10 people may gather together – indoors or outdoors.  

With that, the difficult decision to cancel üCamp20 was taken out of our hands and made for us. This is not something we wanted, but at the same time, know that is the most responsible thing to do.  Other gatherings, including Winnebago’s Grand National Rally held in July, have already announced they have cancelled the event.  All of you are a second family to us but everyone’s safety comes first.

So what now?  First and foremost, we have contacted EventBrite to refund everyone’s registration.  With that, we do have a bit of good news - anyone that had a reservation for üCamp20 will be granted early registration for üCamp21.  In other words, you have a guaranteed spot for next year, so long as you register during the exclusively offered registration period, which will be one week prior to opening it up to the rest of the public.  When the time comes, I will announce the date that the tickets will be able to be purchased through Eventbrite for üCamp21.  The tickets are not transferable though.  As such, if you are not attending next year you are unable to transfer it to anyone else.  Second, we are going to send out a small üCamp20 welcome bag – with a few gifts from us to you.  There is also a surprise announcement in the wings – specifically to you - coming from one of our very best friends!

Keep an eye on the üCamp facebook page, your email and postal mail.  We badly wished that we could spend time with all of you – our second family, but it will have to wait until next year.  Until then, always stay connected with us and each other!  We can do this together and know we’ll hang out again in the near future.

Yours,

Ali

Verna, Columbus, IN
    @Sharon_is_SAM, I would guess that Mandy Lea and Kendrick are engaged also. They seemed to do extremely well together during their shelter-In- place, much better in the T@B 400 than many couples on 3,000 sq ft houses!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I spoke to Scott Hubble a few weeks back and he was waiting to see how things panned out with the pandemic, but said he didn't have a good feeling about the rally at that time with the current state of affairs in the US.  It's a bummer that this event has been cancelled, but nobody wants to walk around with a face mask on at an event where people are congregating and the intent is to have fun.  Better safe than sorry and hope you are all doing well during this difficult and stressful time!   
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    I am guessing the announcement is the Barefoot.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• TabbieannecamperTabbieannecamper Member Posts: 32
    I agree with jenn 100%. Since the anouncement by Allison it shows the quality of people that are at nucamp. The concern for teardrop owners safety is why we are loyal to t@b. Nice to know we have priority sign- up for 2021. See you then!
    2015 t@b 320S, tv: 2016 Toyota 4 Runner

• monamona Member Posts: 240
    edited May 2020
    I’m guessing that we will all be attending a uCamp wedding 2021?
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk.