Can I add an additional grab bar here?

Would like to add an additional grab bar.  See photo --horizontally between the purple sticky arrows.  Anyone know if this area is an empty area next to the stove?
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Believe the answer is Yes.
    Suggest you remove the stove and verify the space is clear of wires, etc.  Removing the stove is a Normal Service step to access the fuses and connections located on the top of the Fridge (under the stove)
    Many folks add extra cooling fans to the Fridge and place the Fan on/off switch in the area you have referenced, example:

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    You can also remove the plastic vent grill on the outside of the trailer to see that area.  Based on my 2016, there are no wires in that location.  Check to see how that wood facia board is secured to the rest of the cabinet.  Don't know if it would be secure enough for a grab bar.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    @Tabaz    Thanks for the tip!  Removing the plastic vent grill on the outside sounds easy enough.  
    Woohoo!
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    @lkc001
    That area in our 2015 is a solid piece of 1/2” wood. You can screw directly into it to mount a grab handle. No need to through bolt. Drill pilot hole first so as not to split the wood. You can double check the thickness through the pilot hole.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    @Dalehelman Thanks so much for the info!  How do I test the thickness through the small pilot hole?  Check the threads on the drill bit for wood shavings?  I do OK with basic power tools.
    Woohoo!
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    @lkc001
    Drill the hole slowly. When you feel it break thru mark the drill bit where it meets the wood. You could also take a small piece of wire. Make a small hook on one end. Push it through the hole. Hook it on the inside. Mark the wire against the wood. Then pull the wire and measure the depth.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    @Dalehelman  Thanks for the tips!--learned something new today, that's a good thing =)
    Woohoo!