Any idea of what this yellow do-hickey is?

T@B 320 CS, the yellow do-hickey. It can be pulled forward (180 degrees) or can stand up (90 degrees). Correct me if I am wrong but it appears to be connected to the cold water feeding the Alde hot water tank - correct? The manual has no mention of what it is or what it does.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.

Comments

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    image from a troubleshooting thread

see also 320 S attached pdf
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    That is your pressure relief valve.  If you plug into city water, and do not use a pressure regulator, that valve will pop to protect the rest of the plumbing, draining water under the trailer. (Go look for water under your trailer!)

It also has various uses for winterizing/draining, etc.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    edited September 2019
    That is the Alde Safety/Relief valve.  If you manually open it by lifting it to 90 degrees, your Alde tank will empty under the TaB.  It is designed to automatically lift when your Alde/plumbing is under excess pressure - like if you don’t use a water pressure regulator.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    Thank you one and all!

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    @MuttonChops.  Very very nice chart.  Good work!
    F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
    edited September 2019
    Still no luck getting the pump working. One thing about the chart above... It does not include another valve, which in the image below is the one circled and farthest to the right labeled G. I currently have it set to Open (for summer) since I suspect this line should also be sanitized. The other thing I notice that when I turn on the pump I don't see any water being drawn into the water filter, even thought the SeeLevel says Fresh is at 100...

Later today I will be receiving a my water pressure regulator so that I can hook up to city water and see if that helps with filling the alde tank.

Thanks, Jerry 

G is the hot water shut off valve that supplies the mixing valve.

Make sure the pump filter is clean and screwed on tightly.  Make sure all connections serving the pump are tight to prevent air from entering.  You can always unscrew the inlet pump tubing (by G) and see if it will pick up water when submerged in a bowl/bucket/glass of water.  
  • Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    If the tank reads full but no water is getting to pump, maybe there is some debris in the fresh tank outlet that is blocking the flow?
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
    From another thread:
    It can also be a sign of a leak somewhere downstream that prevents it from reaching the full pressure needed to turn itself off.

The pump may need to be primed.  Turn on the pump, flush the toilet for five seconds, turn off, turn on the cold water in the shower for five seconds, turn off, turn on the sink for 10 seconds, turn off.  The pump should continue to run for 5-10 seconds, then turn itself off.  If it continues to run for more than 30 seconds with everything turned off, there is probably a problem; e.g. loose hose connection from tank to pump, clogged filter in the pump, fresh water below 25%, etc.
    edited September 2019
    We will be working on this again today and tomorrow. And we don't have a toilet or internal shower so we will leave that part out of the testing. If we can get water out of the sink that would be perfect.

Thanks, Jerry 

I thought of something - make sure the outside shower faucets are turned off, too.
    Update, but still no luck. I think the pump is failing, even though it turns on I followed Sharon_is_SAM's suggestion of unscrewing the inlet pump tubing (immediately to the left of D in my picture, which I believe is the fresh water tank draw (blue tube going into the floor)) to see if it will suck up water when submerged in a glass of water. Nothing... not a drop. I then took that hose off both ends and blew through it from both ends to ensure it wasn't clogged (it wasn't). That leads me to think that the pump, even though it powers on, isn't drawing from the intake...

Thanks, Jerry 

We will be working on this again tomorrow, but in the meantime I have attempted to expand on the original picture above from MuttonChops, and have added a few more (albeit incomplete) items for future reference. If  anyone can fill in the blanks for the winter and flush settings for A through G, I will update and share it. Also I added references H & I. I'd appreciate if anyone can confirm H and provide an explanation of what I is: two hoses, one clear, one black that go into a black fitting into the floor. They appear to be connected to the Alde. The clear one is absolutely dry on the inside.

Thanks, Jerry 

edited September 2019
    H is correct.

I = black hose is part of the Alde glycol flow assembly and attaches to the auto air-bleed valve (bleeds air from the glycol).  The clear hose attaches at the top of the Alde and allows air to enter the water tank to prevent a vacuum when draining the tank.
    @Sharon_is_SAM Thanks for confirming H & I!

Thanks, Jerry 

Replaced water pump, problem solved!

Thanks, Jerry