Options

TaB 400 Floor replacement

Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
edited December 2021 in Modifications & Upgrades
We are getting the floor replaced on our Jan 2018 TaB400, and I have been kicking around ideas on how this is going to be done.
i know the lower cabinet are lifted or partially removed.  Bit how are they going to get a one piece Azdel floor panel back inside, when the original construction, the floor appears to have been laid first.  One thought is removing the right (pax) side of the trailer and sliding the new floor in from the side? 

Anyone actually know, or what is your best guess.
cheers
2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Denny16, they remove the floor covering, and then they replace the floor in pieces. And, cut to fit. Then they cover it with the new floor covering. 

If you have a choice, the Cirrus truck camper floor pattern hides dirt and dust better than the bright. 

Also, remove everything, except the cubbies an upper cabinets. They may need to get under the bed. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    LloydLloyd Member Posts: 34
    If you don't mind my asking, why does the floor need to be replaced in the first place?
    2020 T@B 400 w/ factory solar
    2015 Nissan Frontier SV, 4WD Crew Cab
    Cottage Grove, MN
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Lloyd said:
    If you don't mind my asking, why does the floor need to be replaced in the first place?
    They had a shortage of Azdel after a hurricane and tried a different flooring for a time, and it didn't work out so well, so they are replacing any affected floors.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Also, there was a problem with the vendor who made the laminated floor panels as they were not using enough glue and the layers delaminates. Hence the term “delaminated floor”, which is a problem with a few floors later than the Period of time past the lack of Azdel flooring. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Yes, the non Azdel floor was installed around Oct-Dec 2017 and Jan 2018.
    our TaB is a Jan 2018, and the defective floor is bucking side to side in several places.  So nuCamp is replacing the defective floor.

So I asked the tech that is replacing the floor.  All the lower cabinets and bed front panel are removed.  The Toilet/Shower washroom  and wardrobe closet stay, and and the new Azdel floor is cut around them enough to allow the edge to go under the front bulkhead panel, and sealed back in. 
    Cheers

• Options
    edited February 2021
    The new floor is now comp etc and here are a few shots of the process:

Galley sink cabinet removed, the front was also removed, but the counter remained.

The front dinette facings were removed.

The top floorcovering removed down to the Greencore base panel.  Next the new Azdel panel is glued on top of this sub floor bit.

The screen door and door threshold were also removed before laying the new floor, and replaced back in after the floor was laid.  The pipe in this shot is for the Alde glycol tube going to the dinette area.

The new top floorIng is laid on top and glued to the replacement Azdel floor panel, and the cabinets and fronts replaced.   The original issue seems to be the floor covering did not stick to the Greencore base layer under it, causing the floor covering to buckle up.
    Cheers
  • Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    Wow! What a lot of work. Thanks for sharing the photos, very interesting. 
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Yes it was Jim, the outside AC outlet was leaking ( seen in first photo), the axle swapped out for a Boondock axle/wheels, front window replaced and front tub upgraded to 2021 aluminum tub.  And all bottom areas cleaned and all pipe penetrations under the trailer cleaned and resealed.  All this took about three months, doing the work between prepping new trailers in a record sales summer.  We get our TaB 400 back tomorrow.   :)
    cheers
  • Options
    simlessssimlesss Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2020
    Hi 

i just bought an 2018 tab400, mine was built in oct 2017.  What was the issue with the floor?  Did you get the work done under warranty?

how do you differentiate if it s not an azdel floor?
    simless
    Tab 400 2018
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,499
    @simlesss In late 2017, there was a shortage of Azdel, so nuCamp used a substitute product which did not hold up resulting in bubbling/soft spots.  Also, as Verna noted above, some flooring delaminated as well.  All covered by nuCamp.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @simless, contact warranty@nucamprv.com if you do indeed have a floor problem. If not, life is good👍
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    If the floor has the issue, you will get raised humps across the floor side to side, not the odd soft spot.  Thus is what the issue looks like in the TaB400:

This is the Service Bulletin quote on dates of units that could be effected:
     Products Affected: Green Core composite underlayment.

“Units Affected:  This service bulletin is for units built from November 1st, 2017 to January 31st  2018”

If your TaB was built in Nov, Dec 2917 and Jan 2018, you may be subject to this bulletin, but you need to have delimitation issues, that can be shown in a photo as above, raised large areas (hills and valleys).  If you have this issue, contact nüCamp Warranty Dept. and your dealer.

Not all dealers are able to do this repair, it is involved, as per my post above.
    cheers
  • Options
    simlessssimlesss Member Posts: 9
    thank guys, I will look into it, but seen that it started in November, I may be lucky, mine is in october.
    simless
    Tab 400 2018
  • Options
    Then you should be fine, and your trailer has an Azdel subfloor.
    cheers
  • Options
    AndreOAndreO Member Posts: 69
    @Denny16 Hi Denny, I just saw your post about the Squishy floor on your 2018 400 (back in 2020). Looks like I have the same issue but it took a while to get it properly diagnosed. I have 2 main spots where it is happening. The one right infront if the bed feels like it is going to fall right through any time. Do you know what they had to do to replace the floor? IE: Cut out the center section or somthing more than that?
    I'm really concerned about this floor issue and it's fix.
    AndreO
    Ontario, Canada
    2018 Tab 400
    Ford F150 2.7 Lariat
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    @AndreO, what month/year is your TaB400 build (info is on sticker on driver’s side of tongue)?  If between Oct 2017 to Jan 2018, then you may have the same issue I had, with the Lino separation from the sub floor below, which was covered under nüCamp warranty recall.  To see if this is your issue, get some light to rake across the floor, get down and look for a high area, like a small wave.  You need to take a photo of this floor buckling/separation shown by the raised bid of Lino.

Go back to the beginning of this thread, to see what is involved in repairing the floor.  The entire floor is not replaced, but the bit between the galley and shower, from the front under dinette to the rear bunk is replaced, and an Azdel panel added on top the existing subfloor.  I have the entire process illustrated and explained above.  Good luck.
     Cheers 

• Options
    AndreOAndreO Member Posts: 69
    @Deny16, Thanks for your quick reply but it may or may not be the same issue.  In my case I can really feel the structure below the floor. IE: the beams running across the floor.
    (Pictures attched).
    Had it from day one but it is getting much worse. Fortunately I have got an appointment with Nucamp to fix whatever it is.

AndreO
    Ontario, Canada
    2018 Tab 400
    Ford F150 2.7 Lariat
  • Options
    Andre, could be related.  What month was your TaB400 built? 
    Cheers 
  • Options
    ReenieGReenieG Member Posts: 175
    edited August 2022
    @Denny16 3months?! Yikes! I'm told by nuCamp, it will take 3 days, lol. Was your floor replaced at nuCamp factory in OH? 
    2018 T@B 320S / 2020 Chevy Traverse V6 AWD / Phoenix, AZ
  • Options
    No, it was done a local dealer at the end of Covid lockdown, actual work was three days, but other work was also being done, on a Space A basis, between getting new TaBs prepared for delivery.   We went into this project knowing it was going to take more than a few days.  When we got the TaB back, it was like a new trailer.  Please see my September 2020,posts above for details.
     Cheers