Options

Note: In 2022 we now have auto photo sizing! Screenshots and Photo Resizing

Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
Hi all,

We have a lot of new forum members and the board is as busy as ever.  For everyone's benefit, all members must reduce photo size as noted in the link below.  Unaltered phone photos take up a huge amount of space on the forum and it becomes difficult for some to open and enjoy the forum posts. 

Please remember that screenshots are actually phone photos and they should be reduced as you would any photo.  If you have an iPhone and use iOS mail to resize by emailing a photo to yourself, note that it does not work for a screenshot - you must resize the screenshots

You will receive a gentle reminder to resize and after that risk having your photo deleted.  Adding an app to your phone is an easy solution and once you get in the habit it becomes routine. 

Thank you to all the seasoned members for taking up the cause - it is appreciated!

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    KateRalphKateRalph Member Posts: 4
    Hello - I am attempting to add a photo to my profile.  I have resized the photo to 640x480.  I selected edit my profile and clicked on the add new photo button. The  button is not working, I received no further options after clicking the button.  Have been unable to find details about this on the discussion boards.  Can you direct me?
  • Options
    Hi @KateRalph - looks like you are trying to add a photo to your signature line.  
    What device are you using?
    Are you using the Desktop View?
    Lastly, are you accessing the site using this url:  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/
  • Options
    @KateRalph - try adding a picture to your signature setting first, then maybe edit the picture using “Change my picture”.
  • Options
    Thanks Sharon.  Was able to upload photo to my comment, but the "change my picture" button still does not respond.  Maybe the photo I uploaded will automatically become my profile picture?  I'm using a MacBook air, accessing at the correct URL, assume I'm using desktop view.  Anyway, thanks for the tips.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @KateRalph - the thumbnail photo is different than the signature image.  Well, I somehow got it to work.  Go ahead and see if you can now change the photo.  Now you have a choice to “Edit thumbnail”.
  • Options
    Thanks again!  I think I got it. :)
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    edited June 2022
    Hi all,

We have a lot of new forum members and the board is as busy as ever.  For everyone's benefit, all members must reduce photo size as noted in the link below.  Unaltered phone photos take up a huge amount of space on the forum and it becomes difficult for some to open and enjoy the forum posts. 

Please remember that screenshots are actually phone photos and they should be reduced as you would any photo.  If you have an iPhone and use iOS mail to resize by emailing a photo to yourself, note that it does not work for a screenshot - you must resize the screenshots

You will receive a gentle reminder to resize and after that risk having your photo deleted.  Adding an app to your phone is an easy solution and once you get in the habit it becomes routine. 

Thank you to all the seasoned members for taking up the cause - it is appreciated!

Hi,
    It was great to meet you. Thanks for your hard work. I was researching photo sizing and found this thread. Sorry but the link is broken.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    Ditto @JeffroNC!  Thanks for the link tip, too.  I’ll try to remedy that.  We retired the sizing requirement as Vanilla now allows for automatic photo size reduction.  Best to stick to photos in “landscape” view because, although “portrait” mode photos will resize, they will flip into a “landscape” position.