Options

Public Activity Area Messaging

Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
edited October 2022 in Help - Computer & System
Just a reminder as I see a lot of public “wall” messages that go unanswered.  

To initiate a wall message, you must go to the recipient’s profile and enter your message in their Activity area.  They will be notified of your message.  The recipient should then reply to the message in the Comment area directly below the original message just like a discussion thread.  Unfortunately, some members reply by going back to their own Activity area.  Since no recipient is added to this reply, the message remains on the senders wall.  You essentially send a message to yourself.

Do not use your own wall Activity page to send a message.  You can not add a recipient if you write on your own wall.

I hope this makes sense and helps eliminate some of the disappointments related to unanswered messages.  I know some members may reply privately, so I can’t always be sure if messages were received or not.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    Another thing to consider - if you have turned off your Notification Preferences for wall messages, unless you monitor the public wall, you will never know if someone has sent you a message.  So check your Notification Preferences!
  • Options
    Just wanted to remind everyone, if you send a message from your own Activity area on your profile page, it will not be delivered to anyone.  To send a message to another member, remember to click their name and enter the message in their Activity area.

Also, if you are a recipient and you reply using the Comment area under a message, it will land in your Activity area.  The original sender must know to return to your Activity area to see the message.  So, everyone make sure you have your Notification Preferences set to be notified of messages when members write on your wall and reply to your wall messages.

• Options
    DudleeDudlee Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2023
    Can you tell me Where the notification Preferences are? I can see my notifications under my profile, but don't see where to change preferences..
    Never mind I found it after clicking on my edit profile link.
    Michael
    —  2019 320 S Boondock, 2016 Nissan Frontier, Sonoma County