Dewinterizing Problems

I have a 2023 TAB 400 Boondock and I’m going through the de-winterizing routine. When I add water to the fresh water tank and put the pump on water flows out the overflow tube underneath. There must be something I’m missing? Any ideas? I’m schedule to go on a father day trip on Friday am but this problem could scupper that. 

Terry

Comments

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,911
    Welcome to the Forums!  There are several drains under the trailer.  The hot and cold low point drains.  The fresh water tank drain.  The fresh water tank "vent" and overflow drain.  There are also two Alde drains, two Famous Yellow Flapper Valves that have been forgotten in the directions for winterizing, etc.  All of these drains have their own specific spot under the trailer where water can drain.
    So...have a look down there.  Which drain has water coming from it?  Most likely, the Famous Yellow Flapper Valves are still open (or, maybe just one).  The Yellow Valve drain spouts are the "clear" spouts under the trailer.  The valves are directly above the spouts, in the Alde compartment.
    Welcome to the Famous Yellow Flapper Valve club, also. Happens to many owners, and is happening even more often with the advent of the Nautilus plumbing setup.
    Look over this thread, which has pictures of all these "spouts".
    Picture below of what the two yellow valves look like in a 2021 400.  One valve drains (most) of the Alde hot water tank, the other drains the Alde flow tank.  These valves are pointing up, which means they are open.  To close them, simply move them to the horizontal position.  The Yellow valve also acts as the pressure relief valve for the plumbing system.  When you are on city water, you must have a water pressure regulator attached to the hose.  Without one, the Yellow Valve will open and release the over pressure.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi