Options

Alde Fan Failure Error

Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221

During my recent camping trip, the digital Alde 310 thermostat popped up a Fan Failure error.  I searched the manual and found a small paragraph that basically said the error meant the fan had failed and to disconnect the 12v power from the furnace...also that it would reset in 5 minutes...which is almost exactly how long it took me to dig out the manual and find the error information.  It reset and all has been fine.  My question is has anyone seen this before and what would cause it.  I want to make sure I don't do whatever that was again.

Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited October 2020
    Sorry, don't know the cause - didn't know the Alde had a fan. Is it in the exhaust system?
  • Options
    I'm not sure if it's an exhaust or cooling fan.  I couldn't actually find it...nor could I find the glycol reservoir??  I did manage to figure out where the hot/cold mixer control is located, so I'll have hot water for more than 5 minutes now.  :-) 
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    My hearing isn't the best but I can hear the pump spin up and the propane burner but can't recall ever hearing a fan.
    The glycol tank is under the back shelf - you need to remove 2-3 screws to get at it. On mine it's under the shelf on the drivers side.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I think it is an exhaust fan. I am guessing that it would be connected to a hose that goes to the Alde exhaust port on the driver side of the trailer.

If you have a 2017 look for your expansion tank here. Loosen any screws and slide the panel towards the front of the trailer.

John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    If there is one, that's where I'd presume also but like the fridge exhaust vent, I've never heard a fan or felt fan type airflow out the exhaust.
  • Options

Thanks for the info on the glycol tank...I'd never have guessed it was under the shelf.

• Options
    Some people have trouble seeing the level markings but I never have. Have only had to add glycol twice over two years of full-timing it.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited October 2020
    Smullis7 said:

During my recent camping trip, the digital Alde 310 thermostat popped up a Fan Failure error.  I searched the manual and found a small paragraph that basically said the error meant the fan had failed and to disconnect the 12v power from the furnace...also that it would reset in 5 minutes...which is almost exactly how long it took me to dig out the manual and find the error information.  It reset and all has been fine.  My question is has anyone seen this before and what would cause it.  I want to make sure I don't do whatever that was again.

I found this out on the net:

"Fan Failure" is a very specific error message, displayed on the Standby Screen. It indicates the combustion fan has not reached sufficient speed (rpm) or possibly isn't moving at all. In a brand new installation, this is most likely stiffness. After a few attempts it should loosen off (indeed in the latest control panels the error message "Fan Restarts..." is displayed).

In an older installation, it could be the fan motor is failing, or a poor connection; the fan is connected to the boiler PCB by a short cable.

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ