Options

RV Lock Keyless for RV's is great! (Currently for T@B S Max and T@B 320 {pre 2020} only)

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited November 2017
    Update on the loud beeps when locked or unlocked...

I contacted RV Lock about it. They said:
    Hold down the 1 button for a few seconds, that will disable the sound.
    If you want it back just hold it down again and it will come back.
    Again, I'm glad to see the RV Lock folks are thinking ahead with their design!

Only caveat is that it turns off all beeps. It would be nice to be able to simply reduce the volume of that particularly loud tone sequence.

I received our 'Black Friday special', V4 model yesterday, install was a breeze, and we're happy as peaches! Thanks again Verna!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Since we have to press gently against the door to lock and unlock the door, we've hesitated to get this keyless version. I guess this means I need to check all of the screws to see if the door is just the tiniest bit out of alignment?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ChanW, holding down the “1” doesn’t turn my sounds off. Hummmmm. I’ll have to call them next week

I’m just glad the lock button locks it, without going through the code again.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    @Verna I installed my V4 a few weeks ago and love it.  Didn't love the loud beep so I just went out and pressed the "1" for a few seconds and nothing happened when in the lock position.  However, when I unlocked it and tried again, I got a few beeps and now all sound is turned off!  Thanks @ChanW .
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    Has anyone installed one of the RVLock Mechanical Compartment/Baggage Handle locks on our little storage compartment doors? This is the storage door that is offered on the Sofitel and as an option on the newer 2017 and later Tabs?  www.rvlock.com/collections/mechanical-handle/products/mechanical-compartment-handle

2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    @foxden, no, even with it unlocked, it still has the beep. I held the “1” for a count of 10–how long did you hold the “1”?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I probably held it for 5 seconds Verna.
    Sorry. You probably need an updated circuit board. Maybe they'll upgrade you cheap (as in 'complementary')...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I’ll try, @ChanW
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I received an answer from RVLock about how to diminish the loud confirmation tone on the RVLock I have:  

To decrease the sound you can put some electric tape on the speaker and that will muffle the sound a bit.

You will need to remove the lock from the door to do that. 

(the speaker is the black round piece behind the white square...just above the metal plate.)”

No offer of a new circuit board.....  :s

If it’s warm enough tomorrow, I’ll try it. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    No new circuit board - rats. (You did point out how many RV-Locks you sold for them over the last few months, right?) =)

In my research, someone suggested putting a dab of super glue in that hole in the 'speaker'. Kind of permanent, but they said it did the trick.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    sqrpegsqrpeg Member Posts: 59
    I just installed our V4.0 today - our very first mod if you don't count the Prodigy RF brake controller.  Took me longer than the advertised 10 minutes due to an uncooperative screw on the old striker plate plus the need to borrow a #2 square head screwdriver from our neighbor.

I purchased this from RVLock during their Black Friday sale, which apparently was recent enough to include the beep-disabling feature (a bleep-disabling feature would also have been handy while I wrestled with that frozen screw :) ).

When removing the old handle, there was a clear caulk/adhesive on the indoor side, which I scraped off before installing the new handle.  I'll probably re-apply something similar once I find what product to use (suggestions?).  I'd do this mainly to help keep the handle in position - when the mounting screws are loose there's quite a bit of play in how the handle sits in the door, and since you can't crank on those mounting screws without crushing/deforming the door panels, I thought some adhesive-ness in there might help?

2018 320S Boondock | 2018 Ford Escape Titanium
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Dsatwork- yes I swapped out the side compartment key lock with a matching key latch when I installed my V4 door lock. Simple swap with no issues. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    rcuomo said:
    Dsatwork- yes I swapped out the side compartment key lock with a matching key latch when I installed my V4 door lock. Simple swap with no issues. 
    I took the plunge and changed out the door for a mechanical lock and replaced both my compartment door and the latch on my Lund box. The lund box was not the same length, but I was able to make it work. Now I have ONE key for all my doors. @Sandiegogal likes it too.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Some of the new campers are coming out with the 1-key system. No more C751 universal key to storage areas. I still want that electronic lock!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    Some of the new campers are coming out with the 1-key system. No more C751 universal key to storage areas. I still want that electronic lock!!
    It sounds like a good idea to have a wireless entry...I just don't want another fob to carry around.
  • Options
    BertBert Member Posts: 87
    edited January 2018
    I had the courage to attempt the V4 keyless lock installation in Montana during winter. Silly me. I've got the new lock installed, but I have to push the door from the outside to get the door to close. I tried pulling the striker out and a flange prevented me from doing so. Even with the door pushed close from the outside, I could not use the key to engage the deadbolt (the deadbolt works fine when the door is open). Hints?

• Options
    put some crayon on the dead bolt then close the door and engage the lock. That should show you where the catch needs to be. hope that makes sense. 
  • Options
    sqrpegsqrpeg Member Posts: 59
    @Bert - did you get it figured out? Let me know if there's anything I can check on my setup that might help with yours.  On mine I was able to remove the old strike plate and replace with the one from the kit - they looked pretty similar, but maybe that old one is somehow causing a misalignment?
    2018 320S Boondock | 2018 Ford Escape Titanium
  • Options
    Tez23Tez23 Member Posts: 9
    Will the V4.0 work on a 07 DM t@b?
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    By the way, I was able to turn off the beeps. Yeah!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
    Great add and upgrade. We love ours
  • Options
    LisaHLisaH Member Posts: 29
    I’m really interested in getting the V4 RV lock but I’ve read some reviews that indicate the lock doesn’t hold up well. Anyone have any issues?
    2018 T@b 320S Boondock, towed by 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
  • Options
    No issues—I still love it. I’ve spent all winter in the dusty and sandy Southwest and it has not been affected by the elements. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    I did have some issues with mine............wouldn't lock or unlock with the keypad which meant always making sure I had the key with me.   The company tried to troubleshoot the issue but in a few days, the problem returned.   They were good about giving a refund and now I'm content with the original equipment lock.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    LuigiLuigi Member Posts: 31
    Do you order right hand or left hand for the TAB 400? There may be a 20% off sale now for upcoming Memorial Day
  • Options
    @Luigi, be sure to call RVLock because they did not have the RVLock for the 400 late last summer. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    TinkTink Member Posts: 28
    Did anyone have issues getting the screws to screw into the holes.  Ours will not go in more than half way.  Even using a power screwdriver/drill.  It gets to a point where there is so much resistance and it makes a squeaking/squealing sound.  It's as if the hole was not properly formed. These are machine screws so there is no point at the end to help. Should I try a different type of screw?
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Tink said:
    Did anyone have issues getting the screws to screw into the holes.  Ours will not go in more than half way.  Even using a power screwdriver/drill.  It gets to a point where there is so much resistance and it makes a squeaking/squealing sound.  It's as if the hole was not properly formed. These are machine screws so there is no point at the end to help. Should I try a different type of screw?
    Yikes! Mine went right in. I wonder if you have the wrong model? I would call the company. From what I have heard they are happy to answer questions.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I replaced my OEM with a mechanical. No issues installing, just some fine tuning of the strike plate, but that’s nearly expected with any door hardware change.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    TinkTink Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2018
    The unit went into the opening fine. It's just the screws won't screw into the receptor holes. We even tried to screw them into the holes when the unit was not in the door. I sent them an email. Hoping for a response soon. We bought it last fall and are just now trying to install.
    Update: they have a new manufacturer that has the holes drilled shorter. They sent shorter screws and install was a breeze. Love it!