Cover for 2017 [email protected] OutBack -$20

RangerTomRangerTom Posts: 61Member
edited June 14 in Tips & Tricks
I used this tarp to cover my [email protected] OutBack 2017 this past winter in Wisconsin.  It is actually nice having the spare tire and rack since it helps assure more air underneath.  I believe it is a 12x16 foot tarp.  Cost about $20.  Using it  now like this to shelter from sun while parked in the summer to reduce UV damage.  I don't have it come down far on the other (North) side since it is pretty well shaded most of the summer anyway. I also keep the two side windows open partially to keep the temperature down inside. 

2017 [email protected] OutBack 320S, 2018 Toyota Highlander.  Pewaukee, Wisconsin.  Windsurfer, Kiteboarder, Paraglider Pilot

Comments

• RatkityRatkity Posts: 3,576Member
    Check under it periodically to make sure moisture isn't causing fuzzy things to grow. :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha [email protected] from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a [email protected] at heart)
  • RangerTomRangerTom Posts: 61Member
    No problem so far.  There seems to be plenty of space to allow for airflow.  Any wind assures that since it is not brought to ground level, is held away from the trailer by the guy-wires, and is elevated off the top at points like the fan vent cover and the spare tire and rack.  Sure beats spending $500 and seems to accomplish the same thing.
    2017 [email protected] OutBack 320S, 2018 Toyota Highlander.  Pewaukee, Wisconsin.  Windsurfer, Kiteboarder, Paraglider Pilot
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Posts: 2,801Moderator
    @RangerTom, just an FYI, some Tabbers have reported abrasion due to the tarp rubbing on the Tab.  
    Sharon
    Cleveland Heights, Ohio
    2017 TaB CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan

Okay, I will keep an eye on that, but I would think that would be minor compared to the alternative of UV damage over the years.
    Update on this tarp.  It remained covered like this for the summer and it suffered no ill effects.  No abrasion, no mold, and best of all, NO UV DAMAGE!
    All for $20.  Can't beat it.
  • teztabteztab Posts: 34Member
    I did not feel like paying $500 for a cover and went with this fitted Tab cover available with Amazon Prime.  Last year it only cost $90 + tax and I see they are now offering it at $82.  Great value!
    Classic Accessories Overdrive PolyPRO 3 Deluxe Teardrop Trailer Cover, Fits 10' - 12' Tab & Clam Shell Trailers - Max Weather Protection with 3-Ply Poly Fabric Roof RV Cover (80-298-163101-RT) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IU4BE6G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_OZNUBb8SSBHWV
    Looks great and more reasonable price than the $500+ prices elsewhere.  I just bought another 10 x 16 foot medium duty tarp for $15 and will use that again this winter.