Options

FOUND: Mod to lock side windows open (2 position click style circa 2013ish)

AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 451
edited August 2018 in Modifications & Upgrades
I found a solution driven by suggestion from @Marceline - a very sturdy double window lock. This enables those of us with windows that click into place to a) lock them into place where they click and b) gives us an infinite range of window openings versus just the two we have now. The only improvement I can think of is if the screws were shorter, but I can always see if ACE Hardware has options if the length bothers me. They can stay in place (secured to upper strut only) and the window closes, which is really awesome. One per window works well, two per window is what I'm going to use because I prefer symmetry.

Photos and links follow:

Link:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,
I can’t figure this out so need ideas from everyone.

Have a 2013 T@B with side windows that push out and have two positions where they stay open. To close, you have to push open further past the detent and then it closes. This is normal operation.

I would like a mod that “locks” the window at either position. Have been in windy conditions where I was worried about them blowing open. Also when I sleep in hotter weather would like to leave them open but prevent casual opening from outside. Or from a dog nose being able to push windows open. 

I believe later years have a different mechanism/strut but in looking at photos it doesn’t look retrofitable - but I could be mistaken.

Thanks in advance for ideas!
Jill

2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
Seattle, WA

Comments