Options

Button switch on 2019 400 3 way refrigerator. What does it do?

treefrogtreefrog Member Posts: 95
There is a button switch above the refrigerator on the 400 with the larger fridge.
I don't know what it does.
Help?

Comments

• Options
    PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    @treefrog I don't have that model of 400 but saw one at uCamp. I am guessing here...does pressing it turn on and off the lights at the head of the bed?
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    That was my guess.  Is your TAB the one with the three way fridge option?  I would like to hear your opinion of that floor plan.  I noticed that the Alde glycol tank is located in the cubbies on the driver side of the dinette.  How do you access that tank to fill it?
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Don't push that button...it's for LAUNCH!  :o Just kidding, it almost looks like the auxiliary fan switch in my 2016 320 for the 3 way fridge.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @ericnliz, LAUNCH? Not lunch? Seriously, @treefrog , it does appear to be the same rocker switch for the auxiliary vent fan on 3 way fridges in the 320s models. Is your new larger fridge in the 400 a 3 way? If it is, the switch may be for additional cooling (venting) of the heat created by operating it.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    treefrogtreefrog Member Posts: 95
    edited October 2018
    I am pretty sure it's for the fridge.  I called the dealer, and the guy who they transferred me to did not know.  He put me hold then said it was for running propane on the fridge (I think not).  We used the trailer this weekend and I could not get the the fridge to work on battery without the switch being on.
    I'll call nuCamp tomorrow.

Yes falcon1970 we really like the floor plan. We like to bring refrigerated food so bigger is better. Also having drawers on the lower cabinets near the floor is great, no bending over to see whats in the back of the cabinet.

Yes @ericnliz it is a 3 way fridge.
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    Someone asked about noise with that fridge since it is right near the head of the bed.  What is your impression? Any difference in noise running on electric vs propane?  Also, am I correct in thinking that the glycol tank is up front in the cubbies on the driver's side of the dinette?  How do you add glycol should the need arise?
  • Options
    ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    edited March 2019
    The answer to the original question still appears a bit unclear to me. I have the same 3-way fridge with the same button, and the same question. Can anyone provide the definitive answer?  If the button truly is for an auxiliary fan... then what is an “auxiliary fan”?   Why and when does it need to be switched on?  I was disappointed yesterday when I was unable to get my fridge to remain on after unplugging from shore power and on DC when the TV was hooked up and running, before we left for the weekend’s camp.  Could this switch being ‘off’ have been the reason?  Was it that simple?   Anyway, I hope someone with a clear understanding can share their clarity.  Thanks!
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    From Treefrog " We used the trailer this weekend and I could not get the the fridge to work on battery without the switch being on."

I know the 320 - 3 way fridges have a control switch for changing from AC to LPG to DC.  How about the 400 frig?  Is this the DC switch?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM I don’t think so.  There is a touch screen button on the fridge itself that lets you switch between 4 settings:1) Auto (LP/Shore Power), 2) LP, 3) Shore Power, and 4) DC.  The answer may be buried in my NuCamp documentation somewhere, but I was hoping someone on here could shed light quicker. Such a conspicuous button can’t have all of “T@B-dom” as in the dark as I am. 

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Since so few owners have the 3-way fridge option in their T@B 400’s, I’d suggest emailing tech@nucamprv.com for the official factory answer. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Verna. Thank you, I’ll do that. 

• Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    The answer was in this thread, it is a switch for fridge fan and reports indicate switch must be on for the three way fridge to work on 12v. https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8075/what-is-this-switch-in-my-400
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    edited March 2019
       Thank you @N7SHG_Ham.  I kind of arrived at the same place independently yesterday. I had hooked up the TV to head back home.  We had everything ready to pull out, with propane off and shore power disconnected, and with the car running before pulling away I went back into the trailer to check on the fridge.  A red light on the fridge and the screen flashing indicated it wasn’t running, as I’d expected.  I manually selected the battery option on the fridge, (which isn’t selected automatically, BTW), and still the red light/ flashing screen with  “No Power Source” error code did not change.  I switched on the button in question, and almost immediately, the light went green, and the flashing stopped. Fridge running on DC!  I could hear something turn on quietly under the front seat by the door, so although not sure how it connected with the refrigerator, I was convinced the switch runs a fan or something required to cool the air behind the fridge unit while it runs, and it is only required for operation while on DC.  I’m now curious to see if leaving it on while connected to LPG or shore power makes a cooler fridge at any selected temp setting as well.  
       So, with the confirmation coming in the thread you linked to above, I think the mystery is solved, and we can stop worrying about “auto self-destruct” or “launching”.  Even better, we can now confidently run our fridge while connected only to DC power supply, and travel more safely with LPG tank regulator closed (I’d had to leave it open to keep the fridge on while traveling to our camp 2 days earlier, which to me hadn’t felt safe, YMMV). 
       By the way, although 99.9% inactive, I’ve held my own Ham license for 42 years, since 10 years old. N7OIL. Nice to meet you. Now we have 2 things in common! 

• Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @ADRawli glad your fridge is sorted. Licensed way less time, lol. There are a few hams here on the board, we should have a camping radio party :)
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    Sorry for the major off topic verve in the discussion for anyone still into the fridge issue, but for @N7SHG_Ham, other than my first few initial QSOs by code as a new novice back when I was 10, I’ve really only ever been anywhere near “active” on 2 meters, and not even that in the last 20 years. Since the dawn of the age of cell phones, I’ve never felt the urge to remain as “prepared” as my father always has been.  He’s been a ham for probably 50+ years himself, and is still very, very active up and down the dial. Not sure where you’re from as the 7’s were/are a big area, but my father has always been strongly involved in Utah, and would probably be known by most active hams up and down the Wasatch front. Shame on me, I can’t recall his latest shorter license, but he had WA7VNQ up until a few years back. Anyway, glad to know there’s still an active community around. 
    Ok, back to my T@bing, although still way off topic from my OP, it’s been raining today.  I was a bit sad because I wanted to pull out the trailer and work on adding a bike rack (bought the Jack-It), but while waiting on-line for the rain to clear, I came to a different solution.  I just ordered the Seasucker3 and can’t wait, as it seems a much more flexible way to get bikes here to there.  Easy to install, remove, any car, any configuration, no impact on tongue weight (only total GSVW) and up and out of the way until or unless I need the TV roof for something more pressing.
    Again, sorry to anyone wanting or expecting more on topic of the 400’s magic button.