Brand new tongue box and utility platform for sale from 2018 TAB 320S Boondock Edition

Hello from Vernon, BC, Canada. We just bought our new 2018 TAB 320s and immediately had a custom diamond plate box built for more storage (last pic). Asking $400cdn for the tongue box and $250cdn for the platform, half the US manufacturer pricing. Box is 36" x 18", and platform is 72" x 16". Shipping not included. Pickup encouraged and an espresso included. :) 
Dean

Adventure Canadian Style

2018 Tab320s Boondock Edition, 2018 Toyota Forerunner TRD

Comments

• RatkityRatkity Posts: 3,679Member
    Great price! Plus espresso! What a deal :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha [email protected] from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a [email protected] at heart)
  • stevenmottastevenmotta Posts: 7Member
    Would love to purchase this from you. Just not sure if the shipping to California will off set the price.
    2018 [email protected] 320s | TV: 2017 Subaru Outback 3.6r Touring
  • ChrisJChrisJ Posts: 10Member
    Is this still available?   Does the tub come with the platform?  Please let me know.  I'm in BC.
    2004 [email protected]

Qualicum Beach, BC
  • digitaldeandigitaldean Posts: 14Member
    Yes it is. They're listed separately but I'm not sure if you could install the box without the platform. Likely though. The platform of course could be installed without the box. I guess the answer to your question though is that the tub does not come with the platform. :)

Adventure Canadian Style

I have some additional info. Both the box and platform are 11 lbs each. Very lightweight in case someone is considering shipping. Dimension are in the first conversation above. The part #s are platform, 00-3808, and tongue box, 00-3809.

Adventure Canadian Style

• bfeenybfeeny Posts: 4Member
    Where did you get your custom box built? We are in Kelowna and have a 2018 320CS-S
    Eagle Industries in Vernon built the custom box. 

Adventure Canadian Style

• RedDoorGalsRedDoorGals Posts: 17Member
    Is this still available? We have a 2014 320 CS...not certain the front dimensions have changed that much on the trailer framework...do you happen to know? We're down in WA state...about 2 hours south of Vancouver.
    Hi. I'm driving to Langley Dec. 26th, we could potentially hook up if you buy them? I'm not sure about the 2014 dimensions though and I'd hate to pack them for not. Hmmm, perhaps you could send me various dimensions of your tongue and we'll compare? The trailer is not in my yard though so it'll take a little time, but I can go do the same and have them ready. What do you think?

Adventure Canadian Style

Hi Dean, you had me very excited at first...as there is a town of Langley on the island where we live, and we're only about 4 miles away!  Then I realized you meant Langley, BC (of course!!)...that's a bit further but still do-able. It's pouring buckets here today so I'm not inclined to go out and measure the dimensions on the front of the trailer! But I'll do so in the next couple of days.  Can you also check the inside measurements in the tub...we have two 12v batteries because we run on solar...so we'd like to put them inside the tub (we currently have them mounted in a separate battery box on the front of the trailer...).  Thanks!
    Will do. 

Adventure Canadian Style

• MarcelineMarceline Posts: 369Member
    Hi Dean, you had me very excited at first...as there is a town of Langley on the island where we live, and we're only about 4 miles away!  Then I realized you meant Langley, BC (of course!!)...that's a bit further but still do-able. It's pouring buckets here today so I'm not inclined to go out and measure the dimensions on the front of the trailer! But I'll do so in the next couple of days.  Can you also check the inside measurements in the tub...we have two 12v batteries because we run on solar...so we'd like to put them inside the tub (we currently have them mounted in a separate battery box on the front of the trailer...).  Thanks!
    I recently switched from the original plastic cover to the diamond plate cover and the latter is definitely slightly bigger.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S [email protected]
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    Ok, the tongue box inside dimensions are 33"w x 16"d at the widest part (middle), and 18.5"h. When you look at the picture above you'll see that the propane tank bracket is in it so that'll have to be removed to fit two batteries.

Adventure Canadian Style

Hey Dean...sorry for the long pause...the holidays are extended in our household. So I think we'd put the two batteries outside the 1/2round...on the side of the shelf-mount.  Currently our spare tire is mounted on the side of the trailer frame...between the ½ round and the front crank (we currently don't have an extra long shelf like this).  Do you think the spare tire would fit between the new frame edge and the up-right trailer crank? The attachment we have for the spare isn't welded in place..it can be moved.

This is the current setup we have for our spare...not a photo of our setup, but close enough.  Looks like there would be room for the new rack to fit between the tire and the front face of the trailer cabin....what do you think?
    Image result for spare tire mounted on trailer frame for TB
    Hi. Whew, just recovering from travel and visiting ourselves. It looks like lots of room and the platform is 16" wide. I've seen these setups with the platform before while I was researching my setup, but I can't remember where. You have a few inches to spare (pardon the pun) it looks like. Here's a link to a quick search I did on the matter. https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6677/spare-tire-moved-to-tongue-detail-and-pics. I'm sure there's more options but in this one the spare tire faces the other direction and uses a different bracket. Do you know if the newer TABs have a longer hitch? I saw a picture of a 2019 for sale from another search and it had the even a generator platform in front of the box. Worst case scenario is you may need to mount your spare a different way. Did you check your dimensions to see if the platform will fit? Could email NuCamp parts as well.

Adventure Canadian Style

• ObiruObiru Posts: 6Member
    edited January 1
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Posts: 3,267Moderator
    @Obiru, 650 Canadian = $485.  
    Sharon
    Cleveland Heights, Ohio
    2017 TaB CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan

@Verna, did you have the front platform on your 2014?  I think you had the aluminum tub with 2 batteries and the spare mounted up front.
    Sharon
    Cleveland Heights, Ohio

• VernaVerna Posts: 4,832Administrator
    @Sharon_is_SAM No, I did not have the front platform. With two batteries and a 20 lb propane tank in the diamond plate tub, I felt I had enough tongue weight without adding the platform. I put the spare on a Yakima rack on the rear of the [email protected], as I didn’t want it added as tongue weight either. 
    Verna, Indianapolis, Indiana; 2019 [email protected] 400 Boondock Lite white/red; towed by a red 2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 TRD 4x4; [email protected] Administrator.  If not now, when?

Forgot about the Yalima rack and the spare.
    Sharon
    Cleveland Heights, Ohio

Yes @Obiru, $650 CDN for both, if you're paying in US$ then it'll be less. 

Adventure Canadian Style

• OlenaOlena Posts: 8Member
    Is the Platform still for sale? I am in Collingwood, Ontario so shipping won't be a problem. I hope it is still available. I wanted to get the platfrom with the spare tire extension on the front but it so expensive!!
    2013 Ford Escape 2.0 (no tow package!) and 2017 [email protected] Q basic
  • PhotomomPhotomom Posts: 2,064Member
    @Campwise did you see this?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 [email protected] S Max in Western New York
  • CampwiseCampwise Posts: 5Member
    @Photomom - I did see this platform, thanks for thinking of me.  The owner and I wrote back and forth trying to make it work.  Turned out to be to complicated and expensive to ship from Canada to US, unfortunately.  Best thing from the effort was seeing the beautiful photography on his website!  
    2018 320S - 2017 V6 Toyota Highlander - Port Townsend WA
    I'm negotiating on the platform right now so it may not be available shortly. I'll confirm and change the ad if that happens. We're heading down hwy #97, then #84 to Arizona in a month so we may be able to drop the products off or meet up with someone if they're willing to pay before we leave. 

Adventure Canadian Style

• klengerklenger Posts: 58Member
    I removed the boondock platform from my 320 this weekend in preparation for installing a WeatherGuard tool chest (664-001).  The boondock platform is a very robust and rugged part, and I believe it could be shipped unpackaged by simply placing the shipping label on the unit. That would cut shipping costs significantly because no box would be needed.   

Stuck between "I need to save money" and "you only live once", so I bought the Jeep Wrangler and a nuCamp [email protected] 320 S.
    2019 [email protected] 320 S Boondock Lite / Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
    http://klenger.net
    Ok, platform sale didn't complete so both are still available. Part #s 56-00-3808 platform, # 56-00-3809 tongue box. If you're in the US I will be coming down to Arizona in a month so I can deliver partially/and or meet down there. It's a better deal for US citizens, both are brand spanking new, lightweight, but also a good deal for other Canadian TAB owners. Over and Out. :)

Adventure Canadian Style

• OlenaOlena Posts: 8Member
    Sorry, I sent you a few e-mails by hitting "reply" but I don't think you received them. I think I needed to sign into the forum? I am not sure because I am still new to this. Anyway here is the text from my e-mail about the platform!

I haven't heard from you, but I checked the forum and it seems the platform is still available. U-Haul seems to have boxes that may do the trick:

Two of these put together? Would that work?

I have a Fedex Ground account and I can arrange to have the box picked up from you (The box will be too big for Canada Post). Ground shipments can be rough on packaging, so perhaps the platform can be bagged and then boxed up, with crumpled newspaper to pad out the crevices? I hope I am not asking too much!

I will gladly pay for the boxes. So, if you want to go ahead, let me know the total and I can send an Interac transfer and then arrange for Fedex (I will have to e-mail the barcode labels to tape on the box).

Looking forward to having the platform, I just need to find someone in town to do install it.

And one more:

This box might work too, it's 15", but it's probably OK to bend to fit:

Thanks!

2013 Ford Escape 2.0 (no tow package!) and 2017 [email protected] Q basic