The T@B parts — list dealers who are willing to order parts

DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
If you have found aT@B dealer anywhere who who has been willing to work with you to obtain needed parts please start a list here. I think more than one dealer will step up to the plate to fill this needed void.
We can contact any dealer in the country who is willing to work with you and has the best price and service. Then the part can be shipped directly to you.  Refunds and exchanges are another story.  Make sure you are ordering exactly what you need.
  1. Hash  T@B Fun

Comments

• dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    10/40 Overland in southeast Riverside County.  He has a great mechanic!  He is also In Portland, OR.

Jason is the owner:  (323) 313-8395
    24335 Prielipp Rd #124 Wildomar Ca, 92595

- Portland: 7729 SW Cirrus Dr #30, Beaverton OR 97008

Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I have permission from John Gerton, a great dealer, to give you his name and necessary info so you can order from him. He is located in the very Southwest tip of Indiana, within sight of the Ohio River. 

Note:  he does not accept credit/debit cards, so he would need to receive a check or cash before he places the order.

Please leave a voicemail if there is no answer. He is not open on Sundays, and has abbreviated hours on Saturday, but he will return your call. 

John Gerton
    812-838-2248
    Gerton Auto Sales
    john@gertonautosales.com
    201 W 2nd
    Mount Vernon, IN 47620

I hope this helps someone. 

And, please remember that not all dealers can afford the credit card companies’ charges per transaction. John is telling you up front that this is a check or cash deal. He gladly accepted my personal check for my Silver Shadow purchase. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    I heard toms camperland in Mesa was very responsive. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    It’s very helpful to have the name of one person to contact. Let them know you are posting it to the forum if that’s ok. They can become valuable part of our T@B family. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 270
    cbarnhill said:
    I heard toms camperland in Mesa was very responsive. 
    Unfortunately, not for me. I've been trying for almost a month to get a new tail light for my T@b and they keep telling me they are going to contact NuCamp and get back with me. Still no light and I have to keep calling them to remind them.
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Do you have an email address for their parts department to which you could send another request, including the dates you've spoken and the name of the person you're dealing with-copying NüCamp @ChrisK ? I recognize how old school email is becoming, but I still rely on it-it's better than the carbon copies back in the day.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

They don't have a parts department. They just have the service manager do it. I've called several times and they tell me they will contact NuCamp to see if they have them in stock, get a status, etc. I called NuCamp directly out of frustration to see if they have had them and they do have them in stock and its no problem for Tom's to order one. Tom's is just dropping the ball.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Call another dealer.  Give them the part number and have them place the order.  Send an email to Scott Hubble so he personally knows the results of their decision.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • jhansardjhansard Member Posts: 9
    How do we find a parts number?
    I would email Elsie with pictures and request part numbers.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    I purchased my T@B from Patsy at Miller Trailer and it was a great experience with responsive people.  
    F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
    @Awca12a
    Please keep us updated as to after the sale service is performed. That’s when you know you have a good dealer. Kinda like insurance you never know how good it is till you need it.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    I got Scott Hubble involved in my situation. Its been more than a month since I originally called them to order the light. I called them again over a week ago (3rd or 4th time) to get a status and they promised to call me back. No call. No part. Scott said to call and order direct this time and I imagine he's going to contact the dealer
    It’s my experience that manufactures especially smaller ones need dealers more than dealers need them. Large dealers with multiple RV lines from the mega manufacturers do get dealers attention. T@Bs are great products but a very small part of the total RV industry. Even though dealers say they want the parts business. It probably doesn’t filter down to the lowly parts guy. Who is being barraged by the big hi end products and customers that have many more problems. It doesn’t make it right it just works that way. IMHO. The boating industry is very similar which is where my limited experience lies.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    Too true Dale. 
    Having spend 20 years in distribution, if I could recommend one thing to Scott Hubble to cut these problems easily in half, it would be to publish a complete parts listing for each year model.  Then, when an owner needed a part, they could call the dealer with the exact info.  In my experience, 75 percent of the holdup is in figuring out what the customer wants.  If all the dealer has to do is push paper, it gets done quickly.   Please publish a parts list like all the other manufacturers do.  
    NuCamp likely has all that information on their system. If they would only make it accessible to T@B owners. Maybe on a members only basis much like this forum.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @Dalehelman I think you are giving nucamp too much credit.   I believe the knowledge is locked in Elsie's head.     With all of the on the fly changes, during a single production year,   any year based paper manual is going to be tough.   How many changes are their in a model year?    

Now an as built parts list would be fantastic.   As they build it the parts list is included with every trailer.   
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
    As a followup, my dealer just called me back to let me know the taillight arrived. I kindly let them know that since I called them over a week ago for the last update and that they hadn't responded, I ordered one direct from NuCamp. They apologized saying they were very busy but, in my book, too little too late and very busy is not an excuse for not following up on a customer status update that is over a month old.
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Cbusguy said:
    @Dalehelman I think you are giving nucamp too much credit.   I believe the knowledge is locked in Elsie's head.     With all of the on the fly changes, during a single production year,   any year based paper manual is going to be tough.   How many changes are their in a model year?    

Now an as built parts list would be fantastic.   As they build it the parts list is included with every trailer.   
    They would have to keep track for potential recalls. They did have a recall and were able to target just specific serial numbers, so yes, I do believe they have a record of what parts get installed on which T@b.

However, the most commonly requested parts don't need a parts number. I bet if Elsie gave us a list of the parts most frequently requested, the would likely be pretty straightforward.

That might be a fun trivia activity for uCamp. :)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    @Dalehelman

Why not become a "dealer" and then take orders? If we had just one person in our forum become a dealer, all our problems about going through a dealer instead of direct contact would be eliminated.

Hint! Hint!
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    And he can sell his new TaBs at Costco!  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    @larrygon
    If only I were younger.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
    I still think Nucamp should open a Amazon store for common parts.    for a fee they can handle the storage,  the packaging and shipping of all these parts.   Amazon has been super reliable for many retailer.   right now the consistency of customer service from dealer sucks.   Nucamp  if you are listening,   please explore this idea 
    mreric said:
    I still think Nucamp should open a Amazon store for common parts.    for a fee they can handle the storage,  the packaging and shipping of all these parts.   Amazon has been super reliable for many retailer.   right now the consistency of customer service from dealer sucks.   Nucamp  if you are listening,   please explore this idea 
    I think you misunderstand the "why" behind the change to parts ordering. This is not about freeing Elsie up or providing a better supply chain system. Elsie will still be fulfilling orders, she will be doing it with dealers instead of directly with customers.

nüCamp is making a tremendous effort to strengthen their dealer network. The shift with parts ordering is only one piece of it. It has included bringing dealers into the factory and an increased focus on dealer education. They believe this is the way to deliver a more uniform and more positive customer experience. In light of this, do not hold your breath on Amazon or other parts supply places to emerge as the replacement.

All of that being said, for years, people have contacted the factory for non-T@b specific parts, like automotive trim, fan parts, lights, and other parts that are easily available through any rv dealer or online parts store. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

@jkjenn
    I think people understand the WHY but don't understand the method but even more don't understand the crickets from corporate on this forum in response to the question.   Strengthen the network; sure!  But continue to support the owners while you do so.  Saying you want a stronger network while recognizing that nuCAMP sales account for a small part of most dealers business amounts to corporate putting its head in the sand. 

Just about every other trailer manufacturer has a parts listing available to their members along with schematics and so forth.  For a small trailer manufacturer without the strong dealer support in place to suddenly switch and say their dealers will now magically be responsive isn't a rational decision.   nuCAMP should publish their parts listing so all an owner has to do is contact one of many dealers and order a part # thereby jumping to the head of the ordering line.  Dealers don't make that much on parts as a percentage of time spent and errors encountered so they get pushed to the side unless it's so easy as to be hard not to do.

Further, nuCAMP can take a page from the distribution model of drop shipping that itself had it's origin in the mailorder catalogue business.  If I want a part, I check out what I need on the website that both a dealer and a registered owner can order from.  The owner order gets credited to the dealer and shipping, either from a dealer order or from an owner order, gets shipped from the same corporate location with the dealer information.  Your dealer is either assigned by whom you purchased the trailer from or you can re-assign your home dealer.  This way, when I need keys I can just order online and not bother the dealer but when I need a tail light, I can avail myself of the dealer expertise if needed or just order the part on my own.

Alternatively, we can simply self-support by ordering from the european vendors whose websites sell many if not most of the annoying replacement parts such as the Acryform window components & electrical fixtures.  This shouldn't be something that anyone has to stress over especially for such a well run company as nuCAMP.
    Yes, there are many other shipping and supply chain models that could be adopted but that will not lead to a stronger dealer network. I 100% support them in this. It is critical and essential if they want to grow. Airstream sells a very small amount if parts through their website. Parts are usually obtained through the dealer. Also, I have never seen parts list that is provided to customers from another US trailer manufacturer.

Scott has been very clear that if a dealer is not responsive to get in touch with the factory so they can help you and educate the dealer. This is exactly what @ChisK did and it worked out for him. They seem to be responding on a case by case scenario, which makes sense and should not cause anyone stress.

Again their goal is building a stronger dealer network relationship. This is is critical to improve the customer experience. Many of us have had less than stellar interactions with dealers and they are trying to improve that.

You would be hard-pressed to find another manufacturer who gives customers as much access to them, directly, as nüCamp. I do not think this change is the least bit unreasonable.

• rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Jenn, stronger dealer network or expansive dealer network to provide more outlets for their expanding product line?  I agree with AWCA, this was a premature decision as it is clear the current dealer network is inadequate to address the need. Ideally this new direction would have taken place once their expansion and education plan was completed. A “parts list” for proprietary pieces would be a good start. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI