Today was supposed to be an exciting day - the day we take delivery of the [email protected]
400 we ordered back in June. Unfortunately, we had to reject delivery due to multiple, simple mistakes by NuCamp. We chose this camper for the reputation and quality built into them, but something is terribly wrong with Quality Control at NuCamp.
1. Dents in roof and gaps in roof gaskets. The roof near the black tank vent is dented in places and the trim gasket has several large gaps where the dents are on the edge of the roof.
2. Decorative trim loose. The decorative trim at the roof is loose and completely unattached in the same area where the dents are in the roof, and on the opposite side there is an obvious gap where two pieces join.
3. Victron Battery Monitor Not Installed. I paid for and shipped a battery monitor to NuCamp and had it added to the build order. The trailer arrived without the battery monitor. (The factory even acknowledged receiving it and confirmed it would be installed after the build.)
4. Wrong color accent stripe. We ordered the camper with a blue accent stripe, but it arrived with a black one instead.
5. Wireless backup camera. The camper arrived with a wireless backup camera installed even though we did not order one!
These are all simple mistakes and easily avoided by even minimal attention to quality control. It is sad to say my first experience with Nucamp has been very disappointing. I know these are well-built campers, and I am looking forward to enjoying the adventure - when these avoidable errors are fixed.
2020 [email protected]
400 BDL w/ solar
2016 F-150 4x4 Crew, 3.5L Ecoboost