how to remove spare tire on Tab

HI all,
I have a 2007 dtq tab. I need to remove the spare tire but can't see how it is attached.  There is very little clearance under thr trailer and I have read conflicting directions as to how to jack the unit. 
Any help would be appreciated

Richard

Comments

• rajamarrajamar Member Posts: 112
    These pictures show how I did it.

Another forum member suggested using a 2 x 4  to span the stabilizers to lower the spare. I had to use steel rods to keep the 2 x 4 on the stabilizers.

Loosened the nuts and raised the 2 x 4.

At that point you have to relieve the pressure on the front of the spare, but you can't simultaneously hold up the front of the spare AND lower the stabilizers so used a scissor jack as a third hand. 

Then just lowered the stabilizers and jack.

2016 T@B S - TV 2004 Toyota Sienna
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    That’s a new one-if I understand correctly, you used the jack to support the tire itself, and did not use the jack on either the axle, which I’ve read is incorrect, or the frame, which apparently can be done. I like that!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @rajamar, that is truly awesome!!!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    jgram2 said:
    That’s a new one-if I understand correctly, you used the jack to support the tire itself, and did not use the jack on either the axle, which I’ve read is incorrect, or the frame, which apparently can be done. I like that!
    You got it! It's tight quarters, but no need to raise the T@B.
    One other thing to keep in mind - different sized lug nuts on wheels and spare. 3/4 and 13/16.

Bought a "Gorilla Automotive 1334 Telescoping Power Wrench" on Amazon that comes with thin wall sockets in both sizes.
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    I stacked two columns of lynx levelers under the wheel so when each nut was removed, the tire would lower only a few inches and rest while the second nut was removed.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5