Options

potential tab purchaser

willowwillow Member Posts: 3
I've been reading here on this active and helpful forum.  I have been attracted to the tab and tada campers since I first saw one in a campground. A 2004 tab recently came up for sale near me and for a good price, so I went to see it.  Unfortunately, most of the plastic edge trim and the wheel wells were cracked or broken. most of the rubber insert/gasket material that would be around these pieces were also missing.  the aluminum skin and the body of the camper were in good shape, as were the windows and interior surfaces and appliances. Can these trim pieces still be ordered? we just finished working on an older aluminum trailer, and not sure we are ready to tackle another project, but I'd still like to know in case the price on this one comes down far enough to consider buying it. 

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @willow welcome to the Tab forum! The quick answer is that Thor Dutchmen were only made till 2010. So now it’s 10 years later and many TD owners are having problems finding parts, especially windows. The one you described sounds like it’s had a rough run, may well have rotten floors especially around the wheel wells. If it were me, I’d move on and keep looking. Sometimes the low price may not match what you will run up against. Good luck with your search!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @willow, agreed. This sounds like something you want to get into NOT! -Denise 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    willowwillow Member Posts: 3
    thank you for your answers! I really want one like it, but will keep looking.