Options

Dometic Thermostat

We have a 2019 T@B400 BDL and the Dometic Thermostat is really unreadable. The text size is really tiny and the different settings, i.e. temp, fan, cooling or heating is barely visable.
Has anyone replaced this unit with a new Dometic Thermostat, I see the newer ones are bluetooth capable, connect to app on your phone? Easy to do?

Comments

• Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    We have a 2018 T@B 400, and the issue is that I'm too short to be able to read the Dometic. My husband can read it just fine. What works for me is either to stand on a folding step stool, or shine a flashlight on the display, which works day or night! I now keep a small Keychain sized flashlight on a hook next to the display. 
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 612
    We have the same issue with our 2019 T@b400 Dometic thermostat display.  There isn't sufficient contrast between the font and the background to read the display.  Looking forward to any possible resolution responses...
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    @Horigan try the flashlight trick--it's like magic! 
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    I removed the cover, loosened the mounting screws, tilted the thermostat out at the top a bit, added a small shim then snugged the screws and replaced the cover,  makes it easier to read with having to stand on tip toes.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    atlasb said:
    I removed the cover, loosened the mounting screws, tilted the thermostat out at the top a bit, added a small shim then snugged the screws and replaced the cover,  makes it easier to read with having to stand on tip toes.
    That is a great idea. My wife said she couldn't read the display and it took a sec to realize it is the angle that makes it hard to read (as I could read it just fine). Tilting it down a small amount would fix that.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller