Options

2021 T@B320 CS-S and driveway incline

We ordered our TAB CS and trying to envision backing it up our driveway and are worried
about the back of trailer clearing.  NUCAMP said the angle of departure is 13 degrees.  The driveway in 87 ft long with elevation at street of 69ft and 76 ft at the top.  My calculation of incline is around 5.5 degrees. Will the trailer make without a problem when being towed by Jeep Wrangler or
Subaru Ascent?  Sorry for this basic question.  New to
camping world and Nucamp.

sue

Comments

• Options
    pakpak Member Posts: 114
    I would look at the spare tire. Is the angle of departure with or without the tire? I removed mine, which was mounted under the rear, to give me more clearance. Best to have a spotter when you try it. Point out to the spotter your areas of concern.
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @GirardIrwin..do you order it with a full size spare? It makes a difference as to where they mount it?
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,595
    . . .  TAB CS and trying to envision backing it up our driveway and are worried
    about the back of trailer clearing.  NUCAMP said the angle of departure is 13 degrees.
    IMHO you have nothing to worry about regarding the TAB CS rear end
        . . . however that is just an opinion based on several assumptions and estimates of
        the TAB CS dimensions.  As I don't have access to a CS model to measure I  used CS
        Pictures to estimate the trailer axle location.  An estimated trailer axle location plus
        NuCamp reported 13 degree departure angle calculates out to about 15 - 16 inches rear
        ground clearance on level ground.  That sounds reasonable as a standard CS has a 15
        inch hitch/coupler height

So with those limitations in mind my guesstimate is you will have more than enough clearance.
    Note:    Above uses a 5 degree angle as my calculation for the values you provided were about 4.6 degrees while you estimated 5.5 degrees . . . so 5 was more or less in between.

Final Note:   Above only addresses trailer rear.  It is possible to drag either the front jack post or TV hitch depending on your TV and hitch.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    GirardIrwinGirardIrwin Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all especially MuttonChops
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Would be interesting to see a few photos.  👍🏻
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ