Options

Norcold 3- way frig and high altitude and performance

Reading in the Owners manual that there "may be reduced cooling performance and burner outages" if operating above 4,000 ft altitude. This is for the  3 way Norcold refrigerator that is in my 2016 400 Max S T@B .
 We will be on a trip that will be above 5,000 for about 5 weeks and some of it without electric hook ups.  Also might be cool weather too..
What are peoples thoughts about  the  optional high altitude kit from my dealer? I called Norcold and they were  not very definitive one way or the other. 

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,007
    I live at over 10,000 feet and have not had any issues with the 3 way fridge cooling.  My last trailer also had a norcold 3 way fridge and it often froze my eggs.  I think you'll be just fine.  Humidity and ambient temps seem to impact the performance more that altitude. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    edited February 2021
    I've got a '19 320 with a Norcold 3-way.  Camp regularly between 6K and 10K ft and haven't had a problem.  Except it's always a bit of a <bother> to start.  I'm probably doing it wrong, but it takes me a good 5 min of pressing that clicker button before I can get the needle to move into the green

<family friendly forum—changed spelling. Verna, Admin>
    Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite