Dale Helman and his mods to his former 2015 T@B 320S Sofitel

DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
edited July 2021 in Modifications & Upgrades

Sofitel’s were a limited production all aluminum exterior Tab with special features not found on other models. This one owner trailer has been garage stored from day one. There are many custom upgrades through out. 

Here are pictures of just a few upgrades and modifications.

LED lighting 

Articulating folding table

Duel battery disconnect, USB port, battery monitor, 400 watt inverter 

Simulated teak and holy floor

Residential single valve shower with  Oxygenic shower head

Roll out storage drawers 

Glass top stove and sink

Honda duel fuel EU 2000 inverter generator with automatic transfer switch 

Removable tongue jack

Omni non directional TV antenna 

Low profile vent cover

Sewer hose and ladder storage 

Scissor power assist rear  leveling jacks

Duel batteries and wheel lock

Power assist tongue jack

1. Hash  T@B Fun

Comments

• MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    Noooooooooooo! 😫
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Dale - please tell us your moving up to a 400.  You can't leave the fold.  Seriously, you can't.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @Tabaz, I believe in my soul that Dale will ALWAYS & FOREVER be a member of the t@b family. He has more T@b University badges than anyone. But, I second the sentiment, Dale, we really wish this wasn't so. However, best of luck if this is the direction your road takes you. -Jim & Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    Boating? Boating?  Really, boating? Anyone wanting to buy a boat should watch this video.  This young man does an excellent job of describing the true costs in time and money of owning a boat.  I was stunned by his observations.  Makes owning a T@B (even with the Alde) a walk in the park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G_crLahy7E

• DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    @Tabaz  
    If you guys get Tanzonia rolling again keep an I out for me. Many thanks for the kind words. You make me feel so good.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    edited July 2021
    Dale - Wendy and Cindy have been doing an unbelievably outstanding job of running T@Bazona these past several years. Call me physic, but if you and Sandy want to attend T@bazona in the future, I can guarantee you a free T@B during your stay.   
    edited July 2021
    Looks like you and Sandy will also be getting free airfare and the use of a rental car during your stay.  Please coordinate with Wendy and Cindy as to dates of T@bazona 2022. How cool is this?
    Part of me wants to forbid anyone from buying this T@B so that Dale is stuck with us forever, and the other part wants to snap it up for myself. 

In any case, if you’re on this forum shopping for a T@B, today is your lucky day. 

@Dalehelman, I had a chance to check out a Ranger tug last weekend- super sweet. Definitely something to consider along with the Nordics. 

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
  • cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    OH NO!! NO, NO, NO!! This is sadness.  Dale:  please reconsider.  You know the campgrounds will open up=once these people who purchased RVS during the pandemic return them.  It won't be T@bazona without you and Sandy.  You can purchase an add-a-room and put the grandkids in there.....
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
    Tabaz said:
    Dale - This is the perfect solution for you!  Keep your T@B AND enjoy boating:

It was and is a thought.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Great news, Dale!  I know you won’t be a stranger here. You can even post some photos of your new “floating camper” in the Camping category!  

Good luck!

Tell me when the deal is closed and I’ll make all these great comments into a discussion of their own so you can look back and see how much we appreciate you👍

Smooth sailing🥰
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Neat!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    Verna said:
    Great news, Dale!  I know you won’t be a stranger here. You can even post some photos of your new “floating camper” in the Camping category!  

Good luck!

Tell me when the deal is closed and I’ll make all these great comments into a discussion of their own so you can look back and see how much we appreciate you👍

Smooth sailing🥰
    Are you trying to make me tear up?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    I've started a GoFundMe page so that we can buy Dale one of these:

Just kidding or course.  =)
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,604
    Did this series of pictures forget the most famous mod of all?  The single outlet black and gray tank mod?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
    @Tabaz
    You buy it I’ll wear it.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    Did this series of pictures forget the most famous mod of all?  The single outlet black and gray tank mod?
    It did not but the factory has stole most of the thunder on on that one. Since they do it for you now and I am ok with that. I know the truth.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    You buy it I’ll wear it.

Done! PM me your mailing address and its yours.  Just a small token of thanks for all your great Mods.  The best of all time (for me at least) was the drill-operated tongue jack.
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    @Dalehelman
    Dale, 
    When I first saw that someone bought your T@B, I didn't even consider that you weren't getting a new one.  Now, I'm reacting like @Marceline & @Tabaz .   What you're doing makes sense though.  We just became grandparents 6 months ago, and until a couple weeks ago we hadn't been camping for six months either!  So I can appreciate that part.  "Camping" on a boat is an adventure too, and a boat can give you lots of projects to work on as well, if not more; although, you might not be able to do the mods at home in your garage!
    I have to tell you that I keep a running list of mods I've done, and I have been annotating the ones that you inspired me to do, and there are a lot of them on the list with "(DH)" next to them.  And those are just the ones I was aware of that came from you, and they tend to be the ones with the biggest impact on how we do things better now.  So thanks for sharing all your ideas as well as inspiring me to come up with some of my own.
    Thanks for all you've shared, and I hope we'll see you back here before long.  Bon voyage!
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
    Here is Sandi and I next adventure…

Very jealous. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    @BrianZ
    Thank you you are very kind. It has always been a great a joy of mine to spar with you. So many times you have come up with questions on my ideas that make me rethink my ideas for the better, and I thank you for that. I probably will never own another T@B, but I do plan on following my many friends on their T@B journeys. Even offering my two cents worth from time to time. 
    Highest respect to you all Happy Camping 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    @Tabaz
    Never been any good at the PM thing. Did you get it?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun