Options

Carpety Ceiling 2004 T@B - Any experience removing?

I just inherited a 2004 Dutchmen T@B and it has the carpety ceiling. Almost like the roof inside is lined with the loop side of velcro. I kinda want to remove it but I'm scared that would be disastrous or that it would be 10 times worse than I expect. Anybody else got any experience removing it? 

Comments

• Options
    GeoGeo Member Posts: 160
    @JGriffy,  I covered mine with maple ply.
      I retained the carpeting under the ply with maple hardwood strips attached to the existing 'rafters'.  The carpet provides an extra layer of insulation.
    The DM T@B roof/ceiling has a layer of cardboard under the carpet glued to the 'rafters' - mine was sagging (coming unglued) .
    I did hear or read of one T@Bber that removed the carpet, cardboard, styrofoam, so only rafters and metal roof were left in place.  That resulted in a great deal of labor to attempt remove all the staples and residual carpet (installed from above, constructed from the inside to the outside) to clear the shoulder joint of the walls. Never saw the end result of that project.

My advice is to leave the carpet and come up with a solution to cover or live with the carpet.  
    Geo & Liz
    T@BMahal
    '04  #100