Options

Need 2021/22 320S Rear Seat Frame Construction Info

I'm considering replacing the split rear seat back in our 2022 320S BD with a one-piece back like the older T@Bs and modify to "flip up.'  We keep our bed roll behind the rear seats and the split back is not very convenient. Would be much easier to flip up the rear back and roll it out.
Does anyone have a picture of the rear back frame with the fabric and foam removed?  It feels like it is a 3/4" frame with plywood on the foam side - just don't know the thickness of the plywood. Dimensions would also help if you have them.
2022 T@B 320S Boondock

Comments

• Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 386
    Hi,

I don't have the dimensions you are looking for, but I did the mod to flip the split seats up from the front.  We just finished a 2 month trip and having access from the front made a huge difference in using the available storage space.  We also roll up our beds daily under the cabinets. When we need to access the area, we just pull the rolled up bedding to the side and then push it back.

I used T-huts and short 1/2 inch flat head screws along with loc tite.    I made no changes to the OEM hinge or seat.  Just bolted everything together and it works great.  

2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    TheBellHopTheBellHop Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2023
    Yoshi_TAB said:
    Hi,

I don't have the dimensions you are looking for, but I did the mod to flip the split seats up from the front.  We just finished a 2 month trip and having access from the front made a huge difference in using the available storage space.  We also roll up our beds daily under the cabinets. When we need to access the area, we just pull the rolled up bedding to the side and then push it back.

I used T-huts and short 1/2 inch flat head screws along with loc tite.    I made no changes to the OEM hinge or seat.  Just bolted everything together and it works great.  

@Yoshi_TAB That's brilliant! What are T-huts?
    2015 Little Guy T@B 320 Max White with Red trim
    Pulled by a 2023 Toyota Tundra
    Leaves on T@bventures from the Snoqualmie Valley, WA

• Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 386
    Hi @TheBellHop,

T-huts…ha, oops, I mean T nuts; allows the threaded portion of the screw to be within the attached hardware and no nut beyond flush with mating bottom surface against the wood.  

2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland