Options

Removing the filter from the air conditioner in a 2017 320 T@B

I have attached a photo to show a visual representation of an issue I am dealing with.  When describing removing filters, the instructions in the Danby air conditioning owners manual show the filter slides out from the right end of the unit.  But in my 2017 320 there is a wall about five inches away that prevents sliding the filter out all the way.  There doesn't appear to be another method of removing the filter short of pulling the entire air conditioner out of the wall.  What have other owners done in a situation like this?  Thanks in advance.            

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @Red_Rover I have the same model and year as you and I finally got up the nerve to remove that AC filter. As you are sliding it to the right also gently bend it towards you and it will come out. Then you can wash it, and slide it back in the same way in reverse. Mine hasn’t broken yet, and I can’t remember hearing that anyone else’s broke, either. Good luck! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    That is correct. Curve it toward you as it comes out.
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited July 2023
    Ours just broke during spring cleaning this year, after almost 6 yrs.  However, it was just one of the three plastic frame supports.  Thanks for the reminder to get it glued.  Hoping some JB Weld epoxy for plastic will do the job.
    PS:  A Tip:  Don't get overconfident & try to pull it out by the end.  Once you get it started, grab both frame edges at top & bottom & push it out towards/against the wall.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods