Options

Leaking front window TAB 400 BD

Has anyone had trouble with their front window leaking during rain along the top over the table and cushions? 

Comments

• Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 625
    I have. The black rubber seal on ours wasn’t fully seated and created a valley for the water to collect in.  I opened the screens and used a rubber mallet to get it fully seated along the top.  Could be your issue. 
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    marleecampsmarleecamps Member Posts: 139
    Same here.  Dealer fixed it under warranty by adjusting the rubber gasket in 2021.  Haven't had an issue since.
    --Marlee
    2021 Tab400 Boondock; TV 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee; Minnesota
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,228
    Same issue here. Ours was due to the butyl tape pulling away from the aluminum body. Water was running off the top of the window and down the rubber seal but because the butyl tape had failed it ran straight down the inside of the window frame and out the bottom to the inside of the camper. I had to pull the rubber seal back and reapply some butyl tape but all seems well for now. To be proactive I redid the stargazer window’s butyl tape at the top corners as well. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    RickyRicky Member Posts: 24
    Horigan above hit the nail on its head. My front and back windows were not fully seated and or somehow jumped out over a bump.