Options

2023 Tab 400 coroplast gaps

I thought this was rather odd. While installing new sewer hose storage I noticed an opening in the coroplast skirt by each of the forward BAL stabilizers. I took off the stabilizers for a better look. The "notch" seems intentional but also seems like a water and critter entry point. Anybody have a clue why this would be notched? I covered them with Eternabond.

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,604
    fwunder said:
    . . . an opening in the coroplast skirt by each of the forward BAL stabilizers. 
    . . . seems like a water and critter entry point.
    The corplast is not intended to be water tight or a 'critter' guard.
    It's primary function is to keep minor road debris from damaging the underside wires/etc with a secondary function of improving the air flow under the trailer (less air turbulence; slightly better towing & mpg).

Your tape add won't harm anything . . . will most likely have near zero impact on the coroplast function.

And of course a Third function - - it sure looks lots better than many other brand trailer undersides - - :)
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,031
    They are also like that on the 2021 400.  Not sure why.  Maybe it has to do with getting it to fit in the front end of the frame and allowing the stabilizers to fit? Who knows.   I did the same thing last year and covered the gaps with eternabond tape.  After getting a pack rat in our truck during a Black Hills trip I covered every little hole or gap with eternabond to help keep critters out.  Compared to other trailers the coroplast is actually installed pretty good on the NuCamp products.  I also covered the large frame cutouts with metal plates from Sea Biscuit.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    fwunderfwunder Member Posts: 39
    Thanks guys. I'm just a little leary of belly skirt gaps - especially forward. Where does trapped water go? My previous trailer developed an unseen leak, filled the belly skirt with water and rotted the floor. I know that won't happen with my Tab. Just a bit paranoid.