Options

Kitchen faucet leaking under sink T@B 400

We have a 2019 T@B, and the kitchen faucet has started to leaking quite a bit under the sink, where the hoses come out of the faucet. Has anyone had this problem?

At this point I cannot get the faucet out because the large nut holding the faucet tight, after loosening it, will not go past the two clamps that hold the hoses in place. Any other time I have removed a faucet the large nut slides is easy to remove. It appears that I need to cut the fastening clamps to remove.

Also does anyone know what kind of a faucet this is and whether it is easy to get online? On Friday we are leaving on a five week trip and was not expecting this problem. I am prepared to use a temporary faucet also. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,193
    So I just replaced our entire sink and faucet because the dometic faucet started leaking (different spot than yours). You indeed have to remove the hoses before removing the nut that holds the faucet onto the sink. It’s easy enough to remove but I believe you need a special pex tool to reattach the metal collars onto the tubes after installing your new faucet. 

As far as faucets there are a few less expensive options. One of them is this which I’ve seen others install successfully:

Water Faucet,360 Degree Swivel Spout Kitchen Sink Faucet Cold & Hot Water Mixer, Sink Faucet for Car Caravan RV https://a.co/d/4wlPkr5

I completely removed the factory sink and faucet and installed residential options. Way more work but a total game changer in terms of usability:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/15956/

2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    DavidsDavids Member Posts: 21
    Thank you for your response and the link you provided (I need to learn how to search on this forum since my attempts did not pull up your post). I like the modification that you did, it looks really nice and gives you a much more functional sink. It is something I will look at doing after our trip.

I checked Amazon Canada and while they show the faucet I cannot get it before our trip. I will check some of the local rv parts stores to see if they have something.

If anybody has any other inexpensive tap suggestions that I could use for our trip I would appreciate the suggestions. Thanks again for your help.  
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 616
    If it's leaking at the hose clamps, you can remove the sink and replace the clamps with more typical auto parts clamps that tighten with a screw driver.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    Davids said:
    Thank you for your response and the link you provided (I need to learn how to search on this forum since my attempts did not pull up your post). ...  
    yeah- my sink is leaking at the PEX band interfaces as well.  replaced with standard hose clamps, but they don't seem to be holding so well either.  Was thinking of taking the opportunity to just get a better faucet- https://www.amazon.com/Kicimpro-Kitchen-Sprayer-Commercial-Stainless/dp/B092VQTNW1

was wondering what you ended up doing and how you solved the problem...

Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,193
    That factory sink and faucet was the worst. Faucet started to leak the second season and I hated how small the sink was so I swapped both out. Not an easy task but easily one of my favorite mods:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/15956/installed-larger-sink-in-2021-400#latest
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    KK1LKK1L Member Posts: 96
    edited September 2023
    Late to comment here. I have the same issue on my 2023 T@B400. The leak is NOT at the clamp joint...I had originally though it was...but from further in the faucet as evidenced by the water stains. 

I will replace the faucet, but since we are camping this weekend I will be putting some sealant along the inside top (bottom in this picture) and we'll see. I will buy a set of caps for the plumbing ends under the sink to close those off just in case, so I can use the other sinks.
    73 es God Bless de KK1L, Ron <><
    2023 T@B 400 Boondock "Running up a T@B"
    Jericho, VT
  • Options
    KK1LKK1L Member Posts: 96
    Silicone caulk. Will it work??? I dunno. Worth a shot since it will be replaced anyway.

73 es God Bless de KK1L, Ron <><
    2023 T@B 400 Boondock "Running up a T@B"
    Jericho, VT
  • Options
    FishDoctorFishDoctor Member Posts: 59
    I have a 2017 T@B 320S and had the same faucet leak while on a trip in June. I capped off the faucet water lines for the remainder of our trip and when I got home, I replaced the stock faucet. with this swivel/folding faucet. Initially, the leak seemed to be around the crimp on the flexible line attaching to the colored connectors shown in your photo. I tried to reseat those lines using some hose clamps, but it didn't work and it looked like there might be a leak around the blue connector shown in your photo. So I just replaced the faucet.

The replacement was fairly easy once I removed the sink (very simple to do), got the old one out, and did some contortionist activity to get the crimps on the connector for the PEX line I was replacing (which were under the lower shelf). I took out the PVC adapter that was initially there to connect the PEX line and the old vinyl supply line and then added a quarter-turn shutoff valve so the 3/8-inch compression fitting on the supply lines that came with the new faucet could be connected The new faucet seems to be of decent quality (not plastic like the old one). My only concern is that it can swivel back far enough to touch the window screen if we are not a little careful. Here's a few photos:

Downers Grove, IL
    2017 T@B S Max, Blue and Silver -- "The Blueb@rry"
    States Visited Map