Options

Winterization for the 2nd time, are we OK?

So, had some mis-steps winterizing our T@B 400 BD today as well as one thing that I want to make sure doesn't necessitate a trip back to the camper (and GeneralRV for the anti-freeze, and one "well, that was exciting" event.

First, the potential issue:  We cleared out the lines in the camper with our compressor, 20psi, had the low point drains all open for this.  Well, we forgot to close them when we opened the faucets, so that's strike one.  Set the Nautilus handles to 45deg and kept the air going for a few more minutes.  Then we opened BOTH yellow flapper valves under the bed and let them stop draining.  Now for sort of strike two and the one that has me worried.  We set the Nautilus for winterize, then we ran the pump to pull in our antifreeze, then ran the faucets, shower, and toilet until they ran pink.  BUT running the faucets and shower for hot gave nothing.  No hissing, no fluid, nada.  So my concern is, we've still got water in the hot lines somewhere.

As for the "exciting" event?  Did you know the kitchen faucet will come off?  Yeah, we discovered this when we were running the pump for the antifreeze.  Turns out if you keep moving the faucet, raising and lowering it, the nut that keeps it on will loosen up.  So, yeah, kinda had to clean up a fair bit of the antifreeze from the floor and the counter and the drawer faces and the bathroom door...
Oh, and if you turn on the bathroom sink faucet full power when you're winterizing, it'll tend to spit and spurt some and RV antifreeze doesn't taste too hot...

So, do we need to get a bit more antifreeze and re-do some of this to get the hot water lines?  Or are we good?
----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,659
    Did you have the low point drains closed for the winterize segment?  What is interesting is the lack of flow to the hot side. Was antifreeze just no longer flowing at that point? Could you have lost the "siphon" on the pump draw from your container?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 215
    So I did have the low point drains (including the under-bed) closed when we started pulling in the anti-freeze.  I'm kind of thinking, by the time I got to doing the faucets (after realizing what had happened) that the jug was getting QUITE low and may have lost suction.

I think I'm going to play it safe, pick up another jug of pink stuff, and get back out to the camper this week.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Jay and Kat
    Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
    Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge