Options

Leveling an Outback/Boondock T@B

This discussion was created from comments split from: Pictures of some of my favorite mods.

Comments

• Options
    generoushgeneroush Member Posts: 2
    Some great ideas. I'm going to work on a couple today. We have an outback. Does anyone have ideas on stabilizing in uneven terrain? 
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    generoush said:
    Some great ideas. I'm going to work on a couple today. We have an outback. Does anyone have ideas on stabilizing in uneven terrain? 

Do you mean uneven to the point your stabilizers don't reach the ground? Use pieces of 2x6 boards or get an extra set of leveling blocks to use under your stabilizer pads.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    generoush said:
    We have an outback. Does anyone have ideas on stabilizing in uneven terrain? 
    I carry the 10-piece lego pad set and four 2x8 cut boards.  Plus after my first adventure (that was at a non-level site) I've added 2-inch boards to the bottom of all the stabilizers.

I use these all the time, even on level sites as it reduces the Hand Cranking.

RED is 2x8 board cut to ~square
    BLACK is 2x8 cut down to match stabilizer pad and screwed to pad
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I use a combo of stabilizer pads and boards. I have occasionally added a flat rock, too.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014