Options

Trailer tongue jack scraping on driveway dip

For those of you who have dips in your driveway, how do you keep from grinding your tongue jack into the concrete (or other material)? I've tried 2x4's in the dip to raise the hitch some and driven at an angle leaving the driveway, but the jack post still grinds into the concrete. Is there something that will cover the end of the post to keep from damaging it?

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

Comments

• Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199

dmerzbac, check out my post " trailer jack in the way of my tailgate" I made this removable jack adaptor so I could open the tailgate on my Jeep. I think it would also solve your problem as well. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, Shawn

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    I bought Pop-Tab's removable tongue jack about a year ago.  Very easy to remove and install.  Would not go boondocking without it.  Very well made product.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    @Pop-T@B and @Tabaz I really think this solution would take care of my problem. How do I purchase?

Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    I had a real problem with my 2016 Kia Sorento and it was my hitch that was dragging and I don't even have much of a transition. I had to use airbags in my coil springs to raise it up and that allowed me to lower my ball hitch. However, I haven't had much trouble with the jack scraping. You could use this device  the http://jack-e-up.com/ which will allow you to easily remove it completely. Also, if you don't want that expense, it comes off with three bolts. It is really easy to remove and without it, you won't have any clearance problems at all. I'm guessing it takes less than 5 minutes to take it off or put it on by removing the bolts. That's what I had to do at Tabazona 2017, when I took my 5 wide there, before we had the Tab. It was not a big deal at all.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    I bought POP-T@B's adapter.  It is well-built and would solve your problem.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    Sorry, I should have indicated it is available at the Teardrop store.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    Hmmm...I went to the Teardrop Shop site and saw the Jack-E-Up but did not see @Pop-T@B 's adaptor.

Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    You need to search "removable jack plate."
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199
    if you go to the teardrop shop website, go to the main menu, then to the tab  " outside your teardrop" its the 5th item listed on the page
  • Options
    Thanks @Pop-T@B and @Tabaz !  Got it ordered.

Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    I modified the complet tongue and jack area to take care of jack height and TV rear hatch and door opening.

you see the original lenght of the tongue and the original height of the jack.

2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC