Options

Securing your sewer hose at a full service campsite

A way to keep the hose weighted down at a full service campsite is to attach two 2 lb dumbbells to a black rubber bungee cord using tie wraps (zip ties) to secure the black bungee to the weights.  This is where you must use your elbow and tapered end to keep the sewer smell from escaping the connection. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    Good idea! I'll put my little weights and a bungee cord in the trailer with my other tools! 
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    My sewer elbow has little tabs to slide it into place, and turn 1/8 of a turn to lock it. (Mine is grey water only)
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    cmaccmac Member Posts: 90
    Carol:
    What brand is your sewer hose elbow?
    John & Cheryl
    2007 T@B ClamShell by Dutchman "Goli@th"
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    cmac said:
    Carol:
    What brand is your sewer hose elbow?
    Have no idea, probably bought it 10 years ago. It's grey in color, and the screw into the hole portion is grey also. Maybe Camco, got it at Wal-Mart
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited November 2019
    Verna’s idea above would also be beneficial at sites where the dump PVC inlet has been installed above ground too far.  I was in a small park off I-10 in Texas back in early September that had their hookups too far above ground and this created a nightmare in emptying the black tank.  I didn’t have my hose platform with me and let’s just say it was not a memorable event trying to button up the trailer and get back on the road.  When I see these types of hookups I just shake my head as they create more issues for RV owners than they help.   
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ