Options

TAB 400 with interior changes or options

Interesting YouTube video showing a TAB 400 with interior changes or options. I did not see the interior offered on the NuCamp  web site. I also did not spot any AC vents. They may now port then into the Able vents to reduce noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACkzeuCK0PU

Comments

• Options
    ecyfotoecyfoto Member Posts: 83
    Spacious but no closet AND you need to convert the bed every night. As an option I get it but if this becomes the new norm they will have made a serious mistake. Maybe just a prototype to see public's reaction.
    2019 T@B 400 Silver/Black
    2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax oil burner
    Tampa, Florida
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    AFAIK it is ONLY an option and you can currently order with new configuration or the original layout.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    @RFraer
    Someone responded to my earlier post and said nuCamp is calling this layout "The Solo."  If you don't ever expect overnight guests this might be a pretty slick floor plan.  I wonder how much longer the bed is in the N-S configuration.  With the closet out of the way it has to be at least 80" (true Queen size) long.
    If by "Able vents" you meant "Alde vents" there are no vents with the Alde system.  It is a radiant heating system rather than a forced air system.
    I didn't see any AC vents either.  It would appear they are sticking with the Elwell AIR8 AC package though.
  • Options
    ecyfotoecyfoto Member Posts: 83
    I travel solo and like my closet and my queen bed. So does my dog  B)
    2019 T@B 400 Silver/Black
    2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax oil burner
    Tampa, Florida
  • Options
    @ecyfoto agree, even for a solo person I like the original layout, bed isn't that hard to get in/out of solo, a bit bigger chore with two, LOL, but we manage. Solo, it is spacious!
  • Options
    I like the 400 solo. I can’t imagine the bed being big enough for 2 ppl. It’s only 55” wide. A double bed is 53”. At least 5 inches of the width is unusable since it’s right up against the slanted back so in reality, it’s a few inches less than a double bed. You really only get 50” of bed width.  It’s definitely not a Queen size bed. A Queen is 60” wide. It is 79” long though. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/GD9mZGJSS8I

Looks like at least in the "solo" model the Cool cat is back and still has front platform on Boondock model. Are we back up to a heavy hitch weight? Paul says around 440 or so but I don't see how with the AC unit back up front.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Really like the new television bracket with the hasp to secure the unit during travel.  So tired of messing with the bungee cord on my current bracket.  Anyone have a source for it?
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited December 2019
    Frank, search on Amazon for RV TV mount, and look for the ones with a cord coming down from the bottom.  Just a quick look showed two of them. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Verna - my bracket is recessed in that white plastic box, plus I don't like a cord hanging out.  So, I just put a small section of 3M Duraloc on the back of the television and top edge of the plastic housing.  Works great and keeps the television flush with the recessed housing.  NO MORE BUNGEE CORD to mess with!
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Agreed!  The TV bracket lock on new 400 is a good feature. Just took delivery of 2020 400. Impressed with thoughtful approach to so many features. Quality of materials and workmanship is first rate. Shakedown "cruise" coming soon after I get it properly provisioned and outfitted. Adventures await! 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    Interesting to see the Cool Cat back in the optional “Solo” floor plan.  Makes me wonder what is going to happen to us 2020 owners with the poorly-designed Elwell Air8 system?  Maybe the Cool Cat is back because they haven’t yet figured out how to make the Elwell work properly?  (Our 400 has been at the dealer for over a month now getting the 17 warranty repair items worked, but no word what will be done about the Elwell A/C.)

I’m not sure what the Solo gains a single traveler over the original floor plan; I suppose if you prefer the larger refrigerator, you would have lost the closet in either floor plan anyway. The rear window wall is too sloped to be a sitting area, and you’ve given up some bed width over the original design.  In the Solo configuration, looks like the second sleeper position may be a bit improved since you are not underneath that sloped wall.  Will be interesting to see how that big two-way refrigerator works out.