MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
San Francisco Bay Area
2013 CS-S us@gi
Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab

Comments

• Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    It's a good price for the specs. And it's Costco - so little risk in trying it. I'd like to hear what you think once you have some experience using it.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    Misleading description, it's not 100ah 1200wh, 90ah/1152wh
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    webers3 said:
    Misleading description, it's not 100ah 1200wh, 90ah/1152wh
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be "misleading." It was an honest mistake. I have revised the thread title. I trust that people would read the complete product description (and not just my thread title) before shelling out $650. I have no financial interest in this product.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    edited November 2019
    @Marceline no I didn't mean you. It's the manufacturer description. Will Prowse did a very good review of this battery and found that it didn't deliver 1200wh or 100ah as the manufacturer described, I see they have now changed the specs from 100 to 90. I just hate when manufacturers make claims they can't support. Still looks like a good deal
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    webers3 said:
    @Marceline no I didn't mean you. It's the manufacturer description. Will Prowse did a very good review of this battery and found that it didn't deliver 1200wh or 100ah as the manufacturer described, I see they have now changed the specs from 100 to 90. I just hate when manufacturers make claims they can't support. Still looks like a good deal
    Thanks for clarifying.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
  • Options
    Spectre9Spectre9 Member Posts: 39
    Interesting that they got the specs wrong initially.  Generally you have to discharge a LiThium battery 4-5 times and recharge before it will reach maximum capacity. It’s a small increase but brand new batteries don’t have maximum capacity yet.  Still it’s not enough difference to worry about any conditioning before you use on an actual trip.
  • Options
    myjossimyjossi Member Posts: 7
    For a similar price, I would encourage you to look at the torque power brand (Buylithium.com).  I have one and it has a built in bluetooth BMS that is very nice.
  • Options
    mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
    i love that these are getting cheaper !!!   i am not due to batter replacement yet,   but i would definitely consider a lithium battery when the time comes