Options

Jensen Location - 400 w/ small fridge

Hello All,
Has anyone moved the Jensen unit ? In my 2019 - 400 it is located above the bed and is physically very awkward to adjust. You cannot use the remote from the dinette. However, I will try a round convex mirror mounted on a bracket that the remote signal can bounce off. The best solution would be to relocate it: but where, and can one obtain an extended wiring harness ? Thanks.
400 - 2019
St Catharines, ON

Comments

• Options
    rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 487
    Have you tried using the jControl app on your smartphone instead of the supplied remote?  It uses bluetooth and worked well for me from the dinette.
    Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
  • Options
    RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    Rh555,
    Thanks, I’ll try it.
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Options
    jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    @rh5555 - The jControl app has been hit or miss for us. Sometimes it connects right up, sometimes it doesn't. 

@RCB - You shouldn't need a mirror for as the signal from the remote is IR (infrared) and will just as easily bounce off of any hard surface that is situated in a way that can "see" the Jensen. I haven't tried working it from the dinette yet. 

I would suggest putting in a fresh set of name brand alkaline batteries in the remote though; the ones included with nearly all electronics remotes are cheap and half-depleted right out of the box. 
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package