Google Login is missing?

I can't find the google login options on the forum today.  I'm (thankfully) still logged in on my desktop machine, but I can't login on my phone anymore, or any other PC I log into.

I'm hoping this is just a temporary outage?  (or can I convert my login into a regular login type?)
T@@bulous
2014 T@B CS Maxx
TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
Martha Lake, WA

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Hummm......I didn't know there was a Google login.  I know some logins ask for Google or Facebook logins, but I've never used them. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    The Google+ setting was disabled.  I have activated it.  Let me know if this works now.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited May 2015
    Wiz, yep, I tried to use it, with two browsers, and it's broken...

I think you can go to your Google account settings, and edit the list of 'outside' sites that are using your Google credentials as a login. 

I think the following links to the spot in your Google account where you can remove vanilla forums from the list of authorized login sites:

https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Google+ sign in should now be fixed and good to go! B)

Sorry, I was away for the long weekend and really needed a real computer to sit down and research the problem to fix it.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    Once the Google + sign in was activated, I can no longer simply log in using Safari.  I'm now forced to a popup that requires log in through Facebook, Google, or OpenId. In limiting my "footprint," I use none of those.  I can still log on normally using Chrome, so I do have access to this site.I still use Safari for all my other activities as before, with this forum being my only exception.   
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • BBchBumBBchBum Member Posts: 105
    I have no problems using safari.  One workaround I found I have to do is if for some reason I was logged out I have to reset my password. I then bookmark the page with the new password and can access it with no problems.
    Thanks, BBchBum, That worked for me, too.  
    Now when using Safari I'm forced to the Google +, Facebook or OpenID login panel again.  I can't find out way to bypass them.  Guess I'll have to stick to using Chrome for this forum.
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    What's strange is Safari on iPad/iPhone don't suffer the same problems as on desktop Safari.
    Betting it's the server sensing different screens and serving something slightly different. Can't think of why else it would be different.
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    What's strange is Safari on iPad/iPhone don't suffer the same problems as on desktop Safari.
    Betting it's the server sensing different screens and serving something slightly different. Can't think of why else it would be different.
    Gil - did you save the password on your Mac? and - did you log out when you finished or just close the window?  as long as I just close the window I can access it again with no problems. If I log out then I have to reset the password - when I get in then I need to make a new bookmark on my top sites page and delete the old one. If I clear cookies or history globally I need to do the whole shebang. If I clear cookies/history manually then I have no problems as long as I avoid the vanilla forum cookie. 
    BBchBum,  I have never logged out from this forum using either browser.  Chrome works as it aways has.  Safari just started forcing the Google +, Facebook, OpenID dialog.  I don't want to join any of these, and cannot bypass the dialog.  
    curious - I've never had a problem - must be something different between our computers. Once more they decide to take control when we thing it is something in the software  :o  beware ;)
  • wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    Yup -- working for me now!  Thanks Cyclonic!
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA