Options

Unsubscribe To Topics

I have posted comments to several forum topics, but wish to have an email for every additional post.  How to I unsubscribe from a specific thread?
Ray and Vida Barrick
(formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
Toronto ON Canada

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    You will need to change you notification setting in your profile.

Click on your user name to the right.  Once on that page, up near your avatar you will see a little drop down menu with a figure on it.  Click on that and then click on edit profile.

From this page look at the menu on your right and click on Notification Preferences.

From there you should be able to change notification settings to your heart's desire.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

I can't find where you can unsubscribe to a specific thread.  I may have missed it, but it looks like all or none. 

If you want to search yourself, click on your name. On the next screen, click on the little person in a box with a down arrow.  On the next screen, click on "Notification preferences" (I think that's the name of it).  Be careful so you don't check something that "deletes".  Check out the preferences. 

If you want to unsubscribe when others post to threads, yes, that is possible.  If you can't find that check box, holler and I'll look for the exact wording.

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    Thanks for the info. That works well 'globally', but I was hoping that I could make a choice for each topic individually - as is possible on many other forums. 
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    Ray, I couldn't find a choice for a specific topic.  The Vanilla software is a strange one, very simple and doesn't offer some of the bells and whistles we have seen on other forums. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I have to test it a little, but a workaround for notifications would be to use bookmarks.

You can bookmark a topic by clicking on the little star next to the title or next to the first post in the topic.

You can then set your notification preferences to only email you when someone posts in a bookmarked topic.

Bookmarks are easy to turn on and off as you can bring up a list of them from the menu to the right.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    Thanks for the help.  The bookmark list will likely work fine.
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    Thanks, Nathan.
    Verna, Columbus, IN