Options

2013 T@B considering selling

2013 T@B Wet Bath Series Max Plus. 
I'm ready to purchase something a bit bigger. Sell or trade? Opinions? 

Comments

• Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    I'm curious as well.  Are there many RV dealerships that take well-loved trailers in trade?  How many? Do you get 20% less than if you sell a T@B on this forum? 
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    TerriTerri Member Posts: 12
    Hello, Doug. Well loved is right! I'll shed a tear watching this little trailer go. I went to an RV show yesterday here in Billings, Montana, and the dealer wants my T@B. He said they will take them in a heart beat. I just wonder if I'd be better off selling it outright. 
  • Options
    usmchfdusmchfd Member Posts: 8
    Get a quote from the dealership, then put on here for at least 1k higher . If it doesn't sell in a couple if weeks do the trade or take your time selling it.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited March 2020
    The biggest question is how good is your patience?  If you put a price that is just a bit more than you really want, how much of a wait can you handle for it to sell?  What is your final price that you will take?

Some sell here on the forum quickly, some languish for months. A good price range seems to be $1,000 per the year of the T@B.  But always give yourself some wiggle room. Be sure to be able to justify the cost. Do you have the original spec sheet of what you have on your T@B?  That helps. 

Did you make some modifications that make it so totally unique that no one else wants it?  Are you including some desirable extras? I would put extras here on the forum but not on a trade- in.  As nüCamp as stated, those T@Bs without bathrooms don’t sell as well, so with you having a wet bath is a good thing. 

Typically you do get more money selling it yourself as opposed to trading it in. 

If you sell it here on the forum, please be sure to read the selling guidelines first. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    TerriTerri Member Posts: 12
    Hi, Verna. Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.
    I wasn't actually planning to sell it here on the forum; just looking for opinions. 
  • Options
    MooseMoose Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2020
    I currently have our 2013 up for sell here. The dealerships I've called all quoted a much lower trade in amount than the NADA value and even the 1k (corrected) year starting point.  I priced ours for what I hoped would help it sell quick, but it's still available.  It's a tad early in the year tho.
    2013 T@B Max ULQ
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    To be clear, the rough estimate for selling your T@B is $1000 per year, I WISH it was $10,000 (for selling, not for buying) So, 2015-asking price $15,000 +/-. Then consider all of those points mentioned above when pricing your trailer.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner