Fresh Water Tank LED always shows empty, even when full

Connections on the back of the display board in the kitchen area all look perfect.  
What else can I check.   What typically goes wrong?
Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite

Comments

• jrhameljrhamel Member Posts: 101
    Could be sensors in the tank
     20 T@G XL Boondock and 2019 Ford F 150 4x4

Madison, Wi
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    morey000 said:
    Connections on the back of the display board in the kitchen area all look perfect.  
    What else can I check.   What typically goes wrong?
    Assuming your yr-2019 has the KIB Enterprises monitor; LED level ranges and several tank 'probes' scerwed into side wall of each tank.

KIB Troubleshooting Guide has:
    Believe to access the tank probes you will need to remove the trailer belly pan plastic.

PDF copy of KIB information document with troubleshooting section attached.  This is a basic/general monitor guide and not T@B specific.

Had KIB system on a recreational boat. It never could be trusted.  Was so glad my yr-2018 came with SeeLevel Tank Monitor.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    The other question is are you 100% sure the water tank is full? There's a learning curve when filling it as it will sputter water back at you all over your feet as if it were full, but it won't be anywhere near full. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    edited May 2020
    The other question is are you 100% sure the water tank is full? 
    yes.  Because I siphoned 11 gal into it before it began to overflow. (I've done this many times)

Now- I'll need to fill one of the other tanks.  Here's a photo of the back of my KIB panel. I will hate swapping wires, as they are so beautifully connected.  And thanks for the pdf Mutton- that at least tells me which wire is which.   I hate to remove them from that beautiful connector.  (it's much smaller than it looks in this photo) 
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    edited March 2021
    morey000 said:
    . . . photo of the back of my KIB panel. I will hate swapping wires . . .

= 1 =  Have you confirmed the Red Connector is soldered to the PCB?
               Slight chance it might slip on to pins soldered to PCB

= 2 =  Should be OK to short say waste & fresh without removing wires for a test.
               If fresh circuit is open you would be placing an open in parallel with a functional circuit,
               so the 'good circuit' will read when both the Waste & Fresh tank button is selected.
    I for one hate punch style connections.
    Maybe from too many days as a CG telephone tech - - - in a past life ;)
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    morey000 said:
    . . . photo of the back of my KIB panel. I will hate swapping wires . . .

= 1 =  Have you confirmed the Red Connector is soldered to the PCB?
               Slight chance it might slip on to pins soldered to PCB

= 2 =  Should be OK to short say waste & fresh without removing wires for a test.
               If fresh circuit is open you would be placing an open in parallel with a functional circuit,
               so the 'good circuit' will read when both the Waste & Fresh tank button is selected.
    I for one hate punch style connections.
    Maybe from too many days as a CG telephone tech - - - in a past life ;)
    1. yes, as the black water tank was showing partially full (on my trip last weekend)- so that would indicate I've got a circuit.  right?
    2.  good idea.  that would be easier.  thx
  • Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    Your pdf showing how to clean the grey tank sensors mentions putting in ice cubes as agitator. Any idea how you get them in? Of course black tank is easy. I have a 2019 tab boondock 400.