Options

First camping trip for 2014!

jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
edited April 2014 in Camping & Travel
Camped three nights at Prairie Creek Rec Area on Beaver Lake in NW AR.  First time camping at this campground but close to where I want to relocate to this summer. Checked out the area and houses but still had time to enjoy camping in T@b and getting in a day of kayaking.  I even came up with a way to do my bed differently that freed up space and made it roomier.  I think we all make changes and adjustments as we camp and try stuff a different way.   Here are a couple of pics.  I also included a picture of my handy bucket.  Everybody needs a handy bucket to keep chocks, hitch grease, spray lube, various locks, mallet and a rug to sit on.   
June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike

Comments

• Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Texas Welcome Center in Texarkana.
    Before the trim, battery, converter, housing and license plate all went puff.image
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Jbug -- I was thinking about you and wondering how your trip went.  How was the weather?  How did you reconfigure your bed?  Only one more week and I'll be taking my ClemenT@B out.  :D:D:D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    The weather was great although it rained overnight a couple of nights.  Not too chilly, but I like using my little ceramic space heater instead of the heat pump or 12 v furnaces when I just need to take the chill off.  I scaled down from a queen size bed (I have the L floorplan) to a twin size bed. I think several others have done the same. So far I think I am going to like it, especially the extra space and a place to sit when the bed is made up.  I use a TV tray for a table.
  • Options
    Jbug -- I would love to pick your brain about your retirement "scheme."  I, too, will need to work part-time seasonal, and I am also thinking along the lines of working in a National Park or campground environment.  What resources are you using to see what's available?  Other tips?  Should we start a new discussion on this?  :-?
  • Options
    It would make a great discussion.  Definitely check out www.coolworks.com  It's a job search website for seasonal workers in National Parks or private businesses in and around NPs and other great places in the US.  You can search by National Park or click on Jobs for RVers.  If your T@b has a wet bath then you could take one of those jobs; RVs have to be "self contained".  $35 a week was typical for campsite fees!!  
  • Options
    scubascuba Member Posts: 87
    Heading out for my inaugural camping outing tomorrow!
    Life is good! Great in a T@B!
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    We want pictures and campground details   :D   Location, type of hook-ups, site details (width, level or not etc), noise, bugs etc. I'm not making any demands .... just an indication of the kind of info I find intriguing  :)
  • Options
    scubascuba Member Posts: 87
    Just a small state park here in IN. It will be my learning trip. I'll gather as much info for you as I can. McCormick's Creek State Park
    Life is good! Great in a T@B!
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    Looks like a nice place. I don't think they have a water hook up at the site (just electricity) which is quite common for many state parks so you'll get good practice at filling your onboard fresh water tank at the water spigot when you get to the park. Also then a good test for the 12 volt pump and plumbing  :)
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Guess my first one will be Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, AL.  Made reservations today for waterfront space (lake, not Gulf), but the ocean is just across the highway.  This is a "memory lane" trip as I went to Gulf Shores years ago and have been wanting to back.  Plus, it has been several years since I've been to the ocean.  The park has full hookups, nice amenities and a gazillion sites...so should have plenty of company. :)   Oh, and alligators have been known to prowl the grounds.  Wonder if my new can of bear spray will work on them?

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Too funny.  Do alligators like peanut butter and honey????  When are you going, Larry?  My inaugural trip will be next weekend.  I'll just have the normal camping scenery.  No bears at Chatfield State Park.    :>
  • Options
    RZRBUG said:
    Guess my first one will be Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, AL.  Made reservations today for waterfront space (lake, not Gulf), but the ocean is just across the highway.  This is a "memory lane" trip as I went to Gulf Shores years ago and have been wanting to back.  Plus, it has been several years since I've been to the ocean.  The park has full hookups, nice amenities and a gazillion sites...so should have plenty of company. :)   Oh, and alligators have been known to prowl the grounds.  Wonder if my new can of bear spray will work on them?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAjOskIYaPI