Options

2021 TAB 400 Boondock...waste tote on front tub platform...measurements?

In about a week I'll be a proud 2021 Tab 400 boondock owner.  I'll be doing some week+ camping w/ water & electric so I'm considering a waste tote (likely the Barker 15 gal.) and traveling with it secured to the front platform that has the diamond plate tub containing the propane tank.

Can a 2021 boondock owner provide the platform measurements to the side of the tub?  E.g., width, depth and height to top of curved tubular rail?  Thanks!
2021 T@B 400: boondock, 3-way fridge, microwave, solar
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7 L

Comments

• Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    edited June 2020
    Here are the measurements from my 2021 400 Boondock:
    The resizing of the photos for posting here results in lots of loss of resolution...but here is what you have:

19" Wide to outside edge of tubing frame.

14" deep to outside edge of tubing frame.

14" to top of hoop.

Subtract an inch from all the above measurements for the inside edge of the tubing...
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    85Redwood85Redwood Member Posts: 52
    Thanks ChrisFix!  Exactly what I was looking for...you get extra credit for the pics.  ;)

I wonder what others will be carrying there...I love solutions looking for problems. 
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    It's a great space add-on for the T@B 400 for sure. The platform is quite strong...I haven't found a published weight limit/recommendation for it, but it seems very sturdy. Standing on it didn't stress it at all. The trick is that most of the weight put there will go straight to the tongue, so we'll have to be aware of that.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    85Redwood85Redwood Member Posts: 52
    I've purchased the Barker 15 gallon blue tote.  It'll fit on the platform without overlapping the edges.

Now I'll press my luck...would someone with a 2021 Tab 400 share the width and height of the opening of the external storage compartment (the one with the battery shut-off)?

I'm looking at getting a grill/stove for outside cooking and need to make sure whatever I'll get will fit through the opening.  I know the Fold N Go will fit but I'm wondering what else I can consider.  Thanks.
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    @85Redwood when we got our 400, I bought a 6 gallon and 15 gallon Tote-n-Stor portable waste tanks, thinking sometimes I might only need the smaller one, and other times, longer trips maybe, I would prefer the 15 gallon.  Well, I have yet to use the 15 gallon one, much preferring the smaller 6 gallon tote.  The smaller one suits us just fine, is easier to lift/handle, and I can put it into the bed of the truck for the trip to the dump station instead of towing it behind me (which isn’t always an option).  So, if you change your mind about the Barker, I’ve got a Tote-n-Stor . . .