Options

320S 2021 back shelf holder

As a newbie, my wife and I had our heads stuck in back under the cabinets thinking of how to organize and efficiently pack that long narrow channel. But as you know, keeping the top open while back there looking for an item is a pain. So I had some rare earth magnets in my shop and threw this together - needs some polish but the concept worked. I stuck 4 thin magnets under the finger pull with double back tape (can't see them & fingers can still get into the pull). Then a washer also with double back tape on the non-magnet side of the finger pull, lifted the door to align the washer/magnet and stuck the washer to the back piece of wood. The tape was stronger than the magnet's pull and so left the washer sticking to the wood when I pulled the door back down. But now when we open the door it gently sticks in the up position. Next job make the washer look "prettier"... I got the magnets from https://www.kjmagnetics.com/ I used 4 0.50" sq x 0.125" N52 (B882-N52) they have a lot of fun magnet information also...

Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
managed by VE Smart Network

Comments