Options

Filling fresh water from lower level

2»

Comments

• Options
    mrdeepfryguymrdeepfryguy Member Posts: 73
    @MarkAl .... I used a three gallon bucket and would guess that it took 2 1/2 minutes. Sorry, didn’t think to time it while I was doing the transfer.
    2021 320 S Boondock / 2018 Toyota 4Runner / NE Ohio
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    @mrdeepfryguy Thanks, I'll fill it this weekend and get some times in case others are interested. As this is a new and much easier process I'm figuring others will want to know.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    KCodeKCode Member Posts: 22
    @mrdeepfryguy Just to be sure that I am doing the same thing: Did you set Nautilus to Winterizing and attach hose to Tank Fill side? 
    2021 T@B 320S
    2011 Honda Odyssey/Dave and Karin
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
  • Options
    mrdeepfryguymrdeepfryguy Member Posts: 73
    @KCode  I doubled checked the Nautilus manual .., trailer is not with me now ,..,

1 Attach hose to left inlet marked “sanitize/winterize”

2 Turn Nautilus handles to “sanitize” positions

3 Place other end of hose in your water container

4 Push pump switch to turn pump on. Water will be pumped into tank.

sorry I said “winterize” on my first text but I printed the Nautilus manual out and there is an illustration and instructions on page 8. there s a link to bandbmolders.com ( manufacturer of Nautilus) in the online NuCamp 320s manual to find the manual. We have the P2.5 system. Having the printout with me has been helpful when I use the Nautilus

2021 320 S Boondock / 2018 Toyota 4Runner / NE Ohio
  • Options
    Kr@ckenKr@cken Member Posts: 146
    I really wish some company would sell those great rolling barrels they have in the UK. I have tried to order one from here but no luck. If we can ever go there again I will order one and ship it home.
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
    Clueless about everything electronic
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
  • Options
    KCodeKCode Member Posts: 22
    @mrdeepfryguy Thanks! We got it now. (I think it was me who suggested Winterize in the prior message)
    2021 T@B 320S
    2011 Honda Odyssey/Dave and Karin
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited September 2020
    @Kr@cken, buy a small fold up two wheel cart and you can carry a full 5 gallon water bottle on it. Be sure to use the bungee straps and possibly another bungie strap to keep the water bottle in place. I try to save my back every chance I get!  My cart is (knock on wood, about 20 years old and still going strong. 

Amazon has varied prices, but Harbor Freight shows a reasonable price for the cart:

https://www.harborfreight.com/150-lb-capacity-foldable-hand-truck-61867.html

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    I use one like the  picture posted above that runs on batteries  + I got another short section of flexible hose from the hardware store to shove on the end of the plastic tubing on the pump & push it further down into the fill port.   I fill from a bucket.  I can't lift up & hold a big bucket to fill it either.  When the tank gets closer to full I only run the pump a few seconds at a time & let the water settle so it doesn't come spraying back out.  Works great & even easier than using the hose at home to fill up.

2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!