Options

Water Damage? 2018 T@B 320S

(I resized the photos but it may not be correct, sorry if they're wrong) 

I believe this is water damage. In our trailer there is storage under the back bench seat on the passenger side and the alde system is on the driver's side. There is a little storage behind the alde system's area. This is where we've found some damage. If I had to guess I'd say the damage started somewhere on the driver's side and went toward the passenger side mainly because it stops about half way to the exterior wall of the passenger side of the trailer. I've written to nuCamp and am waiting to hear back from them but thought maybe y'all would have some ideas.
The top two photos are the passenger side (first one is closest to the center of the trailer, 2nd is closer to the exterior wall). The bottom two photos are the little area behind the alde system.

If anyone has any ideas where this water damage is possibly coming from, we're all ears. I'd also appreciate any ideas for cleaning this damage up after we locate the possible source.

Thanks!
2018 T@b 320S, 2017 Tacoma, Baton Rouge, LA

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    In all probability, your rear tail lights are causing the leak. They are caulked in place and if the caulking deteriorates, moisture will leak into the rear as is shown on your photos. 

If you contact a dealer, they can order new tail lights from nüCamp if you want. 

If all the LED’s are lit in both tail lights, you may choose to simply remove the tail lights, remove all caulking and apply new caulking, then reinstall the tail lights. Please test any cleaners you use in an inconspicuous spot as some cleaners will damage the plastic trim around the lights. 

Any good disinfectant cleaner will remove most of the stain behind the sofa. 

Questions?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    mmontzmmontz Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Verna! 
    2018 T@B 320S, 2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5, Baton Rouge, LA
  • Options
    klmklm Member Posts: 3
    Thank you, Verna - we'll be doing this tomorrow!
    2018 T@b 320S, 2017 Tacoma, Baton Rouge, LA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Great!  Good luck.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”