Options

Replacing burned out bathroom fan in 400

Michael49Michael49 Member Posts: 140
edited August 2020 in Modifications & Upgrades
Two days into our multi month trip, the bathroom vent fan in our 400 burned out. It had been acting a little bit funny before we left, I should have replaced it.
I should be able to replace it on the road with the tools I have with me. I assume this is not screwed into the tab just like the main fantastic fan, correct? I did replace the main fan with a 10 speed max air fan, but I think I would like to keep this simple with a fantastic fan or something similar. Honestly, a fan with a single on off button like the original would be fine. 
I would like to replace the entire amount as it doesn’t really look in great condition. Any recommendations? Should I go with basically what was in it before, a single speed fantastic fan or would you recommend the max air version? definitely don’t want to go with a screw in version for this one, I need this one to be simple to install as I’m doing it on the road.  Thanks!
Former T@B 400 owner, now thinking about a 320. 2019 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Get a 3-speed Fantastic fan, or the brand name of your choice. The one speed fans don’t seem to last, and the tried and true 3-speed works almost forever. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    Yesterday we just brought our T@B 400 back from having the Fantastic Fan installed in our bathroom. Our bathroom fan stopped working, but would still draw battery power if we weren't careful about whether the switch was on or off. We had replaced the Fantastic Fan with a Maxxair Deluxe back in the spring, and luckily held onto the Fantastic Fan just in case. It fits perfectly, and we'll probably only need the lowest speed after a shower, so it won't be a big battery hog. If you kept your original Fantastic Fan after replacing it, just have someone pop it into the bathroom. It was a quick job for our dealer's service guy. 
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Yep...doing the same. MaxxAir Deluxe in living area, moving Fantastic to the bath. Best of both worlds. 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop