Options

Jensen JWM20 Cube television audio?

rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
edited September 2020 in Products and Accessories
Does the new 2021 Jensen cube stereo play audio from the television when you're watching over an antenna or cable? I don't see HDMI ARC mentioned in the Jensen Cube's user manual. Does it work via the RCA aux inputs maybe? 
2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO

Comments

• Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    I haven't actually had cable or antenna hooked up to the TV so I can't verify that use case. But I can tell you that if you have a HDMI device plugged into the Jensen, it will play sound via the TV speakers even when the Jensen's input is set to BT...so it may work in reverse as well?
    The Jensen TV does support ARC...and there is an HDMI cable connected between the TV and Cube - so it might work.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    edited September 2020
    @rhyno
    Having just looked at the TV...it does also have RCA stereo audio out...so it must play over the Cube for Antenna and Cable. Guessing that's what the Aux input setting is for on the Cube...
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Has anyone been able to verify if over the air television can play the sound through the JWM20/JWM22 Cube or not?
  • Options
    williedeanwilliedean Member Posts: 13
    I have connected an external antenna to the cable port in the Nautilus box of my 2021 T@B400. 
    I then set the Jensen to AUX mode.
    The TV was then able to successfully scan for channels.
    I was able to watch over the air stations on the TV and listen to the sound through the T@B front and rear speakers.
    Is that the functionality that you wanted to be verified?
    2021 T@B 400 BDL (June 2020) - "Sojourner"
    2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6 
    Cincinnati, OH
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Thanks @williedean that's exactly what I wanted to know!