Options

Help with replacing faucet

I am trying to replace my kitchen faucet in my 2020 T@B 320 BD. I ordered this faucet based on a T@Bber post I cannot find. I am having trouble removing the existing faucet. Does anyone know what type of tool I need to remove the existing tubing or do I just cut it off?off?
Kr@cken
2020 T@B 320 Boondock
Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
Clueless about everything electronic
2020 Subaru Ascent 
Bainbridge Island, Wa

Comments

• Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    You need a special tool, i just cut it off and used a screw type clamp to replace it
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    jschmierjschmier Member Posts: 26

Although I have a 2018 400, your picture looks a lot like the Dometic faucet I broke when I replaced the original round bathroom 400 sink with the modified better draining, square one.  The metal clamps are ½” Sharkbite stainless PEX clamps you can buy at HD or Lowes.  You need a special tool to secure them.  They also have a special tool to remove them however check out Youtube.  Sharkbite tools are not cheap.

I removed the Sharkbite clamps with a bolt cutter but the supply lines seemed permanently “welded” to the plastic barbed outlet on the faucet. You might want to try a heat gun to soften the supply line where it is currently attached when you remove or reinsert it.  It may make it easier. You can probably use any suitable clamp.

Good luck.
    2018 T@B 400/solar/2022 Honda Ridgeline
  • Options
    Kr@ckenKr@cken Member Posts: 146
    Thank you for your seasoned advice.
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
    Clueless about everything electronic
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    If the two stems are plastic, you may be able to use brute force & just break them off using a pair of vice grips or pliers to hold it, and maybe score them first with a small hack saw or file.  
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    CampsiteGalCampsiteGal Member Posts: 17
    I had the same issue today of not having a shark bite tool, so I just cut them with a hack saw blade and pulled the faucet off.  The new faucet was easy to install. 
    2022 T@B 400 BD, the T@bacabana
    TV: 2017 Chevy Tahoe