Options

Wall coverings

Anyone had the wall fabric recovered? Thinking it would be fun to have the fabric by dinette reupholstered with something a little more exciting than grey. We have the 400 BD, looks like the fabric panels would just pop out fairly easily. Thoughts or advice if you have done this?

Comments

• Options
    vhollowvhollow Member Posts: 71
    I have not done this but I have removed the cloth-covered interior panels. The round snap covers may be pried off with a putty knife or flat bladed screw driver. Underneath are snap-screws. Be careful screwing them in with your new fabric, as the wall skin is quite thin and it is easy to strip the threads with the screws.
  • Options
    VictoriousJaneVictoriousJane Member Posts: 22
    vhollow said:
    I have not done this but I have removed the cloth-covered interior panels. The round snap covers may be pried off with a putty knife or flat bladed screw driver. Underneath are snap-screws. Be careful screwing them in with your new fabric, as the wall skin is quite thin and it is easy to strip the threads with the screws.
    Okay, great tip, thank you! Did you just leave the walls bare? I didnt even think about not having the fabric panels up!
  • Options
    vhollowvhollow Member Posts: 71
    No, I replaced a panel after repairs. My back (over bed) driver-side panel vibrated loose, partially detaching and stripping the screw-hole threads in one corner. I sealed the damaged holes with JB Weld (epoxy resin putty), re-drilled them, with a smaller diameter hole, then replaced the panel and screws.